Notre Dame Law - Class of 2016 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2016)
majnana

New

Notre Dame Law - Class of 2016

Post by majnana » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:58 pm

Anyone else here accepted to ND and planning a visit, or pretty sure they will be deciding on ND Law? I don't think I will be able to visit, but am doing all I can to familiarize myself with the school online (researching South Bend, watching YouTube video tours, going methodically through the website, etc).

I'm sure there are some other TLS users who have gotten acceptance letters already, so chime in with your thoughts!

Unoriginalist

Bronze

Re: Notre Dame Law - Class of 2016

Post by Unoriginalist » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:17 am

Currently in the process of scheduling a visit sometime in February. Incredibly excited - Notre Dame is definitely going to be a frontrunner for me when it comes time to make a decision.

I'm curious - what're some of the factors for others in deciding about ND?

kaf5250

Bronze

Post by kaf5250 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:24 am

I'm definitely going to do a visit but I can't decide if I want to do one now or wait until the open houses. The open houses seem like they give you more complete information, but I don't really want to wait until April. I just read the huge book that came with the acceptance packet like cover to cover though! (I'm a little excited)

kdev1203

New

Post by kdev1203 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:53 pm

I'm almost positive I'm going...for me it's the location, campus life, and Christian tradition....

carbelshoe

New

Post by carbelshoe » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm going to ND! I'm from Arizona so I'm planning a trip to visit to get familiar with South Bend, but I definitely be there come fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

majnana

New

Post by majnana » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 pm

Someone asked about factors influencing decision... I have not sent in the seat deposit, because I applied to 19 schools and have heard back from only two (it's still so early in the cycle). But the first school I heard from was a safety school (ranked in the 80's or so) and the second school was Notre Dame, which was one of my dream schools. I am a splitter with a good LSAT and a poor GPA, and I was just hoping for acceptance to NDLS. My acceptance packet had a hefty scholarship which makes me pretty certain I will attend (there are maybe two other schools that could cause me to have to "make a decision" but NDLS has already eliminated most schools from my consideration). Even without the scholarship, NDLS embodies the sort of tradition and ethics that I associate with "law school".

In addition, I like that the school's name recognition really places it into the national category (some will argue for or against this, but I personally think there is no doubt that your average Joe around the country knows how prestigious a NDLS degree is, not to mention employers from coast to coast). This plus the famously tight alumni network means better job placement, at least according to what I've read online by NDLS grads and current students. The school itself is beautiful and when I see pictures I ache to be a part of that. :) Plus, I'm Irish by descent on my father's side (although I am not Catholic, so the religious association makes no difference to me). Oh, it also helps that I will be bringing a family with me to law school, and the cost of living in South Bend is SO terrifically affordable. I've compared it to living in some of the big cities and we could actually afford to have a life in South Bend on one income. (That is, if I can get away from books long enough to have one!!)

What are some other people's reasons for interest in NDLS?

majnana

New

Post by majnana » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:09 pm

carbelshoe wrote:I'm going to ND! I'm from Arizona so I'm planning a trip to visit to get familiar with South Bend, but I definitely be there come fall.
I'm just down the road in El Paso, TX! I doubt I will be able to finance a visit, though. I hope you like it!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:33 pm

If any of you guys are visiting in the spring, PM me, I'd be glad to give you a tour of the campus and South Bend. 3L spring, you know...

LuckyIrish2

New

Post by LuckyIrish2 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:45 am

ndirish2010 wrote:If any of you guys are visiting in the spring, PM me, I'd be glad to give you a tour of the campus and South Bend. 3L spring, you know...
Current 1L here also up for answering questions or meeting up with visitors.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Grazzhoppa

Bronze

Post by Grazzhoppa » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:33 am

Who else will be part of this class?

anmssr

New

Post by anmssr » Fri May 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Any advice for living for an out-of-stater? I'm thinking Fischer sounded like a nice idea, what do people think?

North

Gold

Post by North » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:21 pm

Notre Dame is one of my all time favorite schools. Hope to see more of you guys ITT:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2016 Forum”