UNC Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
mh2015

New

Re: UNC Law Class of 2015

Post by mh2015 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:37 am

Have y'all heard anything yet about the roommate referral service they mention on the website? It says that it starts on Mondays starting the end of May, but I haven't received any information yet.

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:42 pm

It's been going in for 3 or 4 weeks now. If you send me your email I'll forward you everything so far, or you can get in touch with J. Kott.

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:47 pm

My lease starts July 22nd. Anyone game to try to get a group together before school starts?

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:25 pm

Anyone know if we need to send in medical records / sign up for insurance / anything beyond pay seat deposits? Just want to make sure I haven't missed a deadline!

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:49 pm

adika86 wrote:Anyone know if we need to send in medical records / sign up for insurance / anything beyond pay seat deposits? Just want to make sure I haven't missed a deadline!
I think they give us the information once we get there: http://campushealth.unc.edu/charges-and ... ocess.html -- but I could be wrong. You should ask current UNC Law students at this forum: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4&t=179147.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

el William

New

Post by el William » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:16 pm

adika86 wrote:Anyone know if we need to send in medical records / sign up for insurance / anything beyond pay seat deposits? Just want to make sure I haven't missed a deadline!
I got this info from the UNC admitted students page.

Medical Information (after the second deposit)
Every student entering the University of North Carolina is required to present documentation that they have received all of the immunizations required by law. You can now update your immunzation information from MyUNC. Once you enter your ONYEN and password (directions on how to receive them will be emailed to you), there should be a link on your page that says Immunization and Health History Form. Once you log in, you will find directions for completing the form and which supporting data you should send. If you have any questions about the immunization information please contact Campus Health Services at immunizations@unc.edu. If you are a recent graduate of UNC, your immunization information should be up to date but you should verify that with campus health. Please do not send any forms or records to the admissions office.

Health Insurance
All UNC students are required to have health insurance. Eligible students are required to purchase the UNC System-Wide Health Insurance Plan or WAIVE with another creditable health insurance plan. Learn about the mandatory health insurance hard waiver process and the UNC System-Wide Student Health Insurance Plan. Visit Campus Health Services to learn more about available student services. If you don't provide proof of other health insurance, you will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the UNC System Wide Health Insurance.

Giantsfan13

New

Post by Giantsfan13 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 am

Brighty wrote:My lease starts July 22nd. Anyone game to try to get a group together before school starts?

I would love to, I have been here in Chapel Hill since May 4th and have not really met anyone.

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 pm

Well the Facebook page just opened, check your emails!!

adika86

New

Post by adika86 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:19 pm

el William wrote:
I got this info from the UNC admitted students page.

Medical Information (after the second deposit)
Every student entering the University of North Carolina is required to present documentation that they have received all of the immunizations required by law. You can now update your immunzation information from MyUNC. Once you enter your ONYEN and password (directions on how to receive them will be emailed to you), there should be a link on your page that says Immunization and Health History Form. Once you log in, you will find directions for completing the form and which supporting data you should send. If you have any questions about the immunization information please contact Campus Health Services at immunizations@unc.edu. If you are a recent graduate of UNC, your immunization information should be up to date but you should verify that with campus health. Please do not send any forms or records to the admissions office.

Health Insurance
All UNC students are required to have health insurance. Eligible students are required to purchase the UNC System-Wide Health Insurance Plan or WAIVE with another creditable health insurance plan. Learn about the mandatory health insurance hard waiver process and the UNC System-Wide Student Health Insurance Plan. Visit Campus Health Services to learn more about available student services. If you don't provide proof of other health insurance, you will be automatically enrolled in and billed for the UNC System Wide Health Insurance.
Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

el William

New

Post by el William » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Brighty wrote:Well the Facebook page just opened, check your emails!!
I have never had a Facebook page before. I am conflicted about whether or not I should sign up for one so I can join the UNC group.

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:04 pm

el William wrote:
Brighty wrote:Well the Facebook page just opened, check your emails!!
I have never had a Facebook page before. I am conflicted about whether or not I should sign up for one so I can join the UNC group.
Just hop on the bandwagon, all the cool kids are doing it. :)

el William

New

Post by el William » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:25 pm

yeah i think I have talked myself into it. kind of feels like not having a cell phone circa 2003....

el William

New

Post by el William » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:06 am

Me and my lovely GF are going to be in town this weekend. Anyone want to get together Friday night?
I was thinking we could grab a beer at Carolina Brewery (or grab a fro-yo somewhere if you aren't of the drinking persuasion.) I am really excited about school so it would be cool to meet some future class mates.

This would probably find more success in the Facebook group, but I haven't gotten around to setting that up yet...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 am

There's a thing tonight at 5 for law students in front of the Carolina inn, but I think you're supposed to RSVP or buy a food ticket or something by 4

JD Janitor

Bronze

Post by JD Janitor » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:29 am

I will be here in August! I am actually working in Raleigh at the moment and want to figure out a nice apartment situation in Chapel Hill, any suggestions? (sorry if this has already been covered). Also, anyone looking for a roommate?

A bit about me:

clean and neat
have a car or two
athletic/work out regularly
white male
24 (25 in august)
from NC
do go out and have fun
fraternity man
very polite
do drink
very dedicated to academic excellence/put school first over fun

Sorry if this sounds like a personals ad

el William

New

Post by el William » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am

Brighty wrote:There's a thing tonight at 5 for law students in front of the Carolina inn, but I think you're supposed to RSVP or buy a food ticket or something by 4
That's good to know, unfortunately I will be at work until 5 so I won't be in Chapel Hill until later. Out of curiosity, how did you hear about the event? Was it through an e-mail that I somehow missed or am I uninformed b/c I still haven't bothered to set up a Facebook?

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:15 pm

JD Janitor wrote:I will be here in August! I am actually working in Raleigh at the moment and want to figure out a nice apartment situation in Chapel Hill, any suggestions? (sorry if this has already been covered). Also, anyone looking for a roommate?

A bit about me:

clean and neat
have a car or two
athletic/work out regularly
white male
24 (25 in august)
from NC
do go out and have fun
fraternity man
very polite
do drink
very dedicated to academic excellence/put school first over fun

Sorry if this sounds like a personals ad
Do you like long walks on the beach?

Juuuust kidding -- for realsies though, the FB page would be a good place to root out potential roommates I think: http://www.facebook.com/groups/102291233242034/.

There's also that roommate referral program, although I'm not sure how that's working. Looks like we got an e-mail May 4th and it doesn't appear to have a deadline so I would try that!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:21 pm

el William wrote:
Brighty wrote:There's a thing tonight at 5 for law students in front of the Carolina inn, but I think you're supposed to RSVP or buy a food ticket or something by 4
That's good to know, unfortunately I will be at work until 5 so I won't be in Chapel Hill until later. Out of curiosity, how did you hear about the event? Was it through an e-mail that I somehow missed or am I uninformed b/c I still haven't bothered to set up a Facebook?
You are uninformed because you haven't joined the throngs of us who have wasted countless hours on the magical world of FB. However, that's not really fair I suppose, so here's the list of events:

Summer 2012 Events:

June:
Friday, June 15, 5p.m., Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn: 211 Pittsboro Street

July:
Friday, July 20, 7:05p.m., Durham Bulls game: 409 Blackwell Street, Durham, NC 27701
*Dinner will be at 5:00 at the Mellow Mushroom. If you cannot attend dinner, please plan on meeting at the game no later than 6:00pm so that we can all buy tickets together.

August:
Friday, August 3, 5p.m., Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn: 211 Pittsboro Street

Friday, August 10, time TBD, A Night of Fun on Franklin Street: Location TBD

Thursday, August 16, 6p.m., Weaver Street Market After Hours on the Lawn/Maple View Farm Ice Cream Shop: 100 E. Weaver Street

If anything changes I'll be sure to post it up on here for the non-conformists, haha : ).

el William

New

Post by el William » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:49 pm

GSJ wrote:
el William wrote:
You are uninformed because you haven't joined the throngs of us who have wasted countless hours on the magical world of FB. However, that's not really fair I suppose, so here's the list of events:

Summer 2012 Events:

June:
Friday, June 15, 5p.m., Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn: 211 Pittsboro Street

July:
Friday, July 20, 7:05p.m., Durham Bulls game: 409 Blackwell Street, Durham, NC 27701
*Dinner will be at 5:00 at the Mellow Mushroom. If you cannot attend dinner, please plan on meeting at the game no later than 6:00pm so that we can all buy tickets together.

August:
Friday, August 3, 5p.m., Fridays on the Front Porch at the Carolina Inn: 211 Pittsboro Street

Thursday, August 16, 6p.m., Weaver Street Market After Hours on the Lawn/Maple View Farm Ice Cream Shop: 100 E. Weaver Street

If anything changes I'll be sure to post it up on here for the non-conformists, haha : ).
Thanks for posting all of that. Makes me think I really gotta get in on this whole Facebook thing. I am a little bummed that I am going to be out of town for ALL of those events (only a little bummed though since I am going to be in Europe and then in Yellowstone!). I would really like to meet some of y'all before school starts 1) because you're probably pretty cool and 2) because it would make me less nervous about school if I know some folks beforehand. So I'll put it out there again, if anyone wants to get together in a non school organized way, shoot me a message and we'll try to make it happen. My GF and I are both newbies to Chapel Hill and we both can't wait to start meeting new friends.

GSJ

New

Post by GSJ » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:14 pm

GSJ wrote:
el William wrote:

Summer 2012 Events:

June:

July:

August:

If you want me to post something on FB on your behalf about wanting to meet up and keeping in touch and all that, I can do that for ya! It's a private group so I don't think you would have to worry about posting up your number or e-mail address -- you can PM me if you want me to do something like that. Gets you out of having to make a FB, haha.

It seems like there are a handful of people in that area now, and that a lot of us are moving in August. Once I get there August 4th I would be super-down to meet up with you and your GF -- I'll be totally new to the area and everything and am super eager to meet people and yeah, feel more comfortable about this completely new experience.

Have fun in Europe and Yellowstone!

niftykid

New

Post by niftykid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:24 am

JD I may be interested ... sent you a pm.

I am late to the party as I was just accepted off the waitlist but I could not be happier to be attending UNC this fall! I guess I need to reactivate my FB tonight ... its been a while.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Brighty

New

Post by Brighty » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Anyone in CH right now? I'm waiting out the rain and wrecks before I drive back to Raleigh.

mikeysoundtrack

New

Post by mikeysoundtrack » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 pm

Hey UNC CO 2015 TLSers!

I got accepted off the waitlist a couple of weeks ago and am thinking about getting a roomie.

I've been living in CH since starting UG here in 2008 and have a 1 bedroom apartment. I might be looking to talk to my apt complex manager and switching the lease to a 2 bdrm to save some money with a roommate.

The 2 bdrms where I live go for around $800 a month, so rent would be half of that.

I already have the lease, electric and roadrunner internet in my name so there wouldn't be any need for deposits for that stuff. Just help out with the transfer fees, and don't screw me over.

The complex is 2.1 miles from campus with bus stop right out front of the entrance.

The neighborhood is comprised mostly of families, young professionals and older grad students, so it is very quiet (main reason I chose the area).

I'm 34 years old, and while I enjoy a pint (or 4) of Guinness now and then, my party days are (for the most part) behind me.

PM me if you're interested.

-Mike

jss1100

Bronze

Post by jss1100 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:44 pm

I am a rising 3L at UNC looking for roommate(s). PM if you are also looking for roommate(s).

el William

New

Post by el William » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:40 am

So I signed up on Facebook recently, pretty much just so I could join the UNC 2015 group. I sent a request to join the group a few days ago and haven't heard anything back yet. I just clicked the link that was in the original email, so did I do it right? Did it take a while for anyone else to hear back? I am a FB newbie, so maybe I did it wrong…

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”