Villanova 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
marcbyme

New

Re: Villanova 2015

Post by marcbyme » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi all! I currently have deposits on Seton Hall and Villanova. Apparently this is a pretty common thing, some other friends I've talked to were in the same situation. It's a hard decision for me. The schools are very similar. I'm originally from the Villanova area, have family members who are lawyers and know a lot of lawyers, next door neighbor is a lawyer, that type of thing. Not that any of them have offered me a job yet! But I do have some connections. That being said, I've lived in the NYC area for the past few years, went to college there, have tons of friends there, and I am familiar with that area, as well.

Did any of you consider SHU vs. Villanova? I'm leaning towards Villanova just because I know the area so well and really love the area. Comparing Radnor, etc., to North Jersey is just.. well.. not possible. But I do love NYC and already have an apartment there. Blahh, you can see why this is difficult. Anyway, let me know what really made you love Villanova, feel free to PM me. =)

I've visited both schools by myself, wasn't available for either accepted students day, so I didn't get to interact with any prospective students, which is why I'm hoping this post might help.

Also, this might seem like a post for the other decision forum, but instead of "don't go to either crap hole" or some other insightful thoughts, I wanted the opinion of someone who has already chosen Villanova.

BK201

New

Post by BK201 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:20 pm

Are you getting scholarships from either?

marcbyme

New

Post by marcbyme » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Hi! No I'm not. I'm afraid I only received scholarship money from TTT schools. Villanova is $10k cheaper a year and living expenses would be way less. My parents are very supportive, and I'm lucky and thankful for that, but $10k less a year is $10k less a year.... I think I subconsciously want to go to Villanova more than Seton Hall so I'm putting myself through this...

BK201

New

Post by BK201 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:17 am

I would go with Villanova. It's cheaper, you have more connections in the area, and Seton Hall won't do much for you in the way of NYC.

ks1127

New

Post by ks1127 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Out of curiosity, has anyone gotten call backs about additional scholarship after the seat deposit deadline?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BK201

New

Post by BK201 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Someone on the VLS Facebook group posted in early June that they had all been awarded already, and the only chance to receive those funds would be for one of those people who won to withdraw. But I haven't called up to confirm that. I applied to a scholarship requiring a separate PS and I never heard back.

JonnyBart

New

Post by JonnyBart » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:55 am

Anybody know when we can expect to get class schedules and other such info?

theramblinman

New

Post by theramblinman » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:51 pm

For those wondering if more scholarship money was available, I got a call at the end of last week offering me a full tuition scholarship. Unfortunately for me the offer came to late in my cycle, but it may mean more money is out there for some of you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”