Case Western School of Law Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
kyle010723

Silver

Re: Case Western School of Law Class of 2015

Post by kyle010723 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:00 pm

First time poster on this forum. Due to a late acceptance to Case, I will be paying Cleveland a visit next week. Just want to get some inputs from those that already visited on how was your experience when you visited, and if there is a certain area or apartments I should visit while I am there.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 pm

kyle010723 wrote:First time poster on this forum. Due to a late acceptance to Case, I will be paying Cleveland a visit next week. Just want to get some inputs from those that already visited on how was your experience when you visited, and if there is a certain area or apartments I should visit while I am there.
Congrats! I had a great experience when I visited. I live in CLE and am in a Master's program already at Case, so I'm pretty attached and familiar with the area already, but I did look at a bunch of other schools and still liked Case the most out of the others. Areas to look at for apartments: Little Italy (closest to the school, so if you don't have a car this would be a good place to look), Cedar-Fairmount (this is where I live so I'm very partial to it!), and Coventry. I know some Case students live in Shaker Square and out in Lakewood, but I don't know about law students living in those areas, so I'm sure a current student could speak to that.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:12 am

Thanks for the info! Hows the transport from the airport to the school? Is there any public transit or cabs that one can take?

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:52 am

kyle010723 wrote:Thanks for the info! Hows the transport from the airport to the school? Is there any public transit or cabs that one can take?
You can take the train (red line) from the airport to the school. There are also cabs. Not sure how long the train takes or how much a cab would be though.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:05 am

Great, again, thanks for your help!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Tue May 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Info for entering students day is up on Case's admitted student website. Woo! Looks exactly like ASW, including happy hour!

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Wed May 02, 2012 8:28 am

puremorning wrote:Info for entering students day is up on Case's admitted student website. Woo! Looks exactly like ASW, including happy hour!
Can't wait!

evenflow

New

Post by evenflow » Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Just sent in my deposit today! Very Excited :D.

Puremorning, what does rent usually run in the ceder fairmount area? I'm trying to decide between getting my own place and living at home about 30-40~ minutes away.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Wed May 02, 2012 7:59 pm

evenflow wrote:Just sent in my deposit today! Very Excited :D.

Puremorning, what does rent usually run in the ceder fairmount area? I'm trying to decide between getting my own place and living at home about 30-40~ minutes away.
Depends if you have a roommate or not. Although seeing that you put "own place" I'm assuming no roommate. My rent is $710, which includes covered parking (parking in the lot across the street would have been $3 cheaper per month). I know that the 2 bedrooms in my building go for $750, not including parking. Back when I lived in the Coventry area I had a roommate and paid $400/month, which included parking. Depending on what you want (I have a dog and love baking, so I require some space and an oven), a third floor apartment in a house is super reasonable. They usually run $400-$500/month, are one bedroom, and are found in the Coventry and Cedar Lee areas (maybe some in Cedar-Fairmount, there's a handful of houses across from where I live).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Thu May 03, 2012 2:01 am

If you can afford it without significant difficulty, live near school. You will be grateful. Commuting is the worst (not that Cleveland has any traffic).

evenflow

New

Post by evenflow » Thu May 03, 2012 3:25 am

Ersatz Haderach wrote:

If you can afford it without significant difficulty, live near school. You will be grateful. Commuting is the worst (not that Cleveland has any traffic).
Would you care to elaborate a little bit? At this point it would just mean taking out more loans so it's not totally impossible, but I really would like to keep my debt level as low as possible.

Ersatz Haderach

Bronze

Post by Ersatz Haderach » Thu May 03, 2012 1:03 pm

evenflow wrote:
Ersatz Haderach wrote:

Would you care to elaborate a little bit? At this point it would just mean taking out more loans so it's not totally impossible, but I really would like to keep my debt level as low as possible.
Law school is very stressful and if you want to do well you need to work hard almost all the time. So, you want to minimize stress and things that could interfere with your studies, such as commuting. Of course, it's all subject to your finances. I'd imagine the best situation is to somehow live within walking distance, like on Hessler Street, the Triangle, the Uptown Apartments (expensive) or Hazel 8 (also fairly expensive). Just a suggestion.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 am

On my way to Cleveland, my flight to Chicago was delayed for three hours, almost [or by my own account] got hit by lighting en route, just to find the flight to Cleveland was canceled and have to spend the night at the airport till tomorrow morning. Maybe this is a sign?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 am

kyle010723 wrote:On my way to Cleveland, my flight to Chicago was delayed for three hours, almost [or by my own account] got hit by lighting en route, just to find the flight to Cleveland was canceled and have to spend the night at the airport till tomorrow morning. Maybe this is a sign?
Oh no! If there are any signs it'll be the gorgeous weather you (hopefully) encounter this weekend! The patios will be open and the Clevelanders will finally come out of their caves. Well, we already are, it almost got up to 90 today.

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:21 am

After spending a night at the airport, they canceled all flights to Cleveland today. Guess I will try to visit next week. Time to head home and sleep...

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 am

kyle010723 wrote:After spending a night at the airport, they canceled all flights to Cleveland today. Guess I will try to visit next week. Time to head home and sleep...
Seriously? Why?

ashen

Bronze

Post by ashen » Fri May 04, 2012 11:33 am

I can finally join you guys in this thread!
I think I'm in as of this morning (deposit amounts with due dates shown on status checker w/Decision Rendered)!

Edit: confirmed via email!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri May 04, 2012 1:23 pm

ashen wrote:I can finally join you guys in this thread!
I think I'm in as of this morning (deposit amounts with due dates shown on status checker w/Decision Rendered)!

Edit: confirmed via email!
Hello, congrats!

OhioRider22

New

Post by OhioRider22 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Well, guys, I don't want to speak to soon, but it looks like I might be joining you at Case after all!!! I'll know for sure in the next week or so. :D

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:Well, guys, I don't want to speak to soon, but it looks like I might be joining you at Case after all!!! I'll know for sure in the next week or so. :D
Yay!!! Also, it's so weird that you are here right now because I almost texted you earlier to see if you changed your mind yet but then got sidetracked.

puremorning

Silver

Post by puremorning » Fri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm

OhioRider22 wrote:Well, guys, I don't want to speak to soon, but it looks like I might be joining you at Case after all!!! I'll know for sure in the next week or so. :D
Yay! What was the game changer? We're going to have to admit you all into the secret society of Case TLSers! As of ASW there were only 3 of us. We think. It's hard to tell. And ashen, congrats! I saw your post on the admit/waitlist/denial board and was like, well what was the final result?? I don't miss the days of religiously checking status checkers and then having multiple near heart attacks.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kyle010723

Silver

Post by kyle010723 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:41 pm

neeko wrote:Seriously? Why?
Severe thunderstorm throughout the Midwest, sleeping at an airport was not fun at all!

But in any event, I rescheduled my visit for next Monday, really looking forward to seeing the campus and the school!

ashen

Bronze

Post by ashen » Sat May 05, 2012 1:10 pm

kyle010723 wrote:
neeko wrote:Seriously? Why?
Severe thunderstorm throughout the Midwest, sleeping at an airport was not fun at all!

But in any event, I rescheduled my visit for next Monday, really looking forward to seeing the campus and the school!
Ooh that may have been the day that we had a tornado almost touchdown in Champaign-Urbana....

kdcane90

New

Post by kdcane90 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Hi Everyone!

I sent in my deposit a couple weeks ago and have been looking for a facebook page! Does anyone know if there is one or not? Can't wait for ESD!!

OhioRider22

New

Post by OhioRider22 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:22 pm

puremorning wrote:Yay! What was the game changer?
More money.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”