NYU Class of 2015 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2015)
RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Re: NYU Class of 2015

Post by RonnyDworkin » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

I just submitted my intent to enroll and $600 seat deposit. It's official now. NYU, here I come!!!

Yeags

Bronze

Post by Yeags » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:15 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:I just submitted my intent to enroll and $600 seat deposit. It's official now. NYU, here I come!!!
submitted last Friday!! excited about getting the NYU law e-mail address soon

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:24 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:I just submitted my intent to enroll and $600 seat deposit. It's official now. NYU, here I come!!!
*le sigh* I need to save to pay for the $600 deposit :\ will probably be putting mine in in 3 weeks.

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm

indigomachine wrote:
*le sigh* I need to save to pay for the $600 deposit :\ will probably be putting mine in in 3 weeks.

I know what you mean. My credit card statement is going to be crazy this cycle!!!

Curiosly, I got an email from Columbia the other day informing me that NYU has notified them that I have been accepted via ED. So Columbia's withdrawing my app. Anyone else get something similar?

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:22 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

I know what you mean. My credit card statement is going to be crazy this cycle!!!

Curiosly, I got an email from Columbia the other day informing me that NYU has notified them that I have been accepted via ED. So Columbia's withdrawing my app. Anyone else get something similar?
I withdrew all my apps the day after I got in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:00 am

RonnyDworkin wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

I didn't (withdrew basically the next day) but I think this is common practice between the two schools. Totally sketched on the CLS thread and saw that one TLSer found out she was in CLS ED because when she checked her status @ NYU it said her application had been withdrawn, called NYU and they told her she had been admitted somewhere else to an early program. Pretty sure both schools check up on their ED lists with each other.

I'm guessing this is just because the schools have such a huge overlap in applicant pools due to a lot of similarities between both (selection process and post-graduate placement), so cross-admits seem pretty likely. No point in admitting someone who is ED down the street and hurting your yield in the process.

boosk

Bronze

Post by boosk » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Does anyone know how closely NYU and Columbia communicate about RD admitted applicants?

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:39 pm

indigomachine wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:
indigomachine wrote:

I didn't (withdrew basically the next day) but I think this is common practice between the two schools. Totally sketched on the CLS thread and saw that one TLSer found out she was in CLS ED because when she checked her status @ NYU it said her application had been withdrawn, called NYU and they told her she had been admitted somewhere else to an early program. Pretty sure both schools check up on their ED lists with each other.

I'm guessing this is just because the schools have such a huge overlap in applicant pools due to a lot of similarities between both (selection process and post-graduate placement), so cross-admits seem pretty likely. No point in admitting someone who is ED down the street and hurting your yield in the process.

I completely agree with you. I just found it interesting especially since I had withdraw my app from Columbia a couple of days before receiving the mentioned email. Guess it wasn't processed yet in their system.

In other news, has anyone gotten cool swag from NYU yet?

indigomachine

Bronze

Post by indigomachine » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:53 am

RonnyDworkin wrote:
indigomachine wrote:
RonnyDworkin wrote:

I completely agree with you. I just found it interesting especially since I had withdraw my app from Columbia a couple of days before receiving the mentioned email. Guess it wasn't processed yet in their system.

In other news, has anyone gotten cool swag from NYU yet?
Haha not from NYU, but visited today with family and got an awesome sweatshirt haha. Had an awesome time running around the campus and got an impromptu tour from a random alum who was in the lounge and volunteered. I swear, every time I visit I leave with more reasons why I love NYU haha. Sooo psyched for ASW!!

@Boosk: I really doubt they communicate on RD at all. Neither school YPs, so it doesn't seem like they have much incentive to communicate on RD. Neither school is going to reject someone because they got into the other school, hence a lot of cross-admits.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Yeshia90

Silver

Post by Yeshia90 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:40 pm

Happy New Year, future classmates!

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Edited: Got my answer.

D'Angelo

Bronze

Post by D'Angelo » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:34 am

1L checking in. I'll monitor this thread if you guys have questions about the whole process.

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:01 pm

Have any of you guys received anything in the mail from NYU since the acceptance letter?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:50 pm

RonnyDworkin wrote:Have any of you guys received anything in the mail from NYU since the acceptance letter?
I got a "pizza box" in the mail yesterday. There's a letter from the dean, some materials on the area/faculty and my very own NYU Class of 2015 post-its (which I've been hoping for since I got the post-it note on my acceptance letter).

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Thanks! I wonder why I haven't gotten anything yet. I'm in the Northeast.

Anything in particular about applying for Finaid and housing?

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:08 pm

Not that I've seen. I haven't combed through everything yet, but I think that will be later. Did you get the email about financial aid?

nsbane

Bronze

Post by nsbane » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:18 pm

FYI, the Financial Aid office sent me the following e-mail on 12/20/11

"Sometime in late February, early March, our office will be in contact with accepted students instructing you on how to complete the Need Access application. At this time, the application will list specific documentation which is required by you and your parents. "

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks guys! I assume most of the stuff in the "pizza box" is available on the admitted student website. I'm really mainly interested in finaid and housing. Though, those post-its seems really cool. :D

I'll just wait it out.

nyc dude

New

Post by nyc dude » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Hey guys, does anybody know their NetID yet? I received an email confirmation of my deposit, but it didn't include my NetID. Anyone know when/how we will find out? Thanks!!

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:50 pm

nyc dude wrote:Hey guys, does anybody know their NetID yet? I received an email confirmation of my deposit, but it didn't include my NetID. Anyone know when/how we will find out? Thanks!!

They're still processing people's deposit. I called earlier, and it'll be a little bit longer until they can give us our netid.

RonnyDworkin

Bronze

Post by RonnyDworkin » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 am

Just got my NYU class of '15 box. Excited! :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JustE

Silver

Post by JustE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Checking in.

djkrish

New

Post by djkrish » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm

so, not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but when do we find out about merit scholarships? I love nyu, and am about 99% sure I'm going... but I'd also love to not be in even more debt lol.

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 pm

djkrish wrote:so, not sure if anyone has brought this up yet, but when do we find out about merit scholarships? I love nyu, and am about 99% sure I'm going... but I'd also love to not be in even more debt lol.
I think we have to fill out need access first, right? That's what the financial aid email seemed to say. Unless you're talking about named scholarships, in which case I have no idea.

Moomoo2u

Bronze

Post by Moomoo2u » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:37 pm

same, what are people's thoughts on housing?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2015 Forum”