Med/Law Social tomorrow - get wasted? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mac.empress

Bronze

Med/Law Social tomorrow - get wasted?

Post by mac.empress » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:17 am

Totally planning on having fun. That fun may involve alcohol and wild dancing. What's the line I'm not allowed to cross?

jdhonest

Bronze

Re: Med/Law Social tomorrow - get wasted?

Post by jdhonest » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:18 am

As long as you don't brag about your bracket or shoot your limo driver, you should be fine.

mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:20 am

mac.empress wrote:Totally planning on having fun. That fun may involve alcohol and wild dancing. What's the line I'm not allowed to cross?
Pole dancing is probably a bad idea. My med school friend went to one of these and got so drunk they kicked him out. I think you have to find the line for yourself. Whether that means crossing it or not...

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:23 am

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
mac.empress wrote:Totally planning on having fun. That fun may involve alcohol and wild dancing. What's the line I'm not allowed to cross?
Pole dancing is probably a bad idea. My med school friend went to one of these and got so drunk they kicked him out. I think you have to find the line for yourself. Whether that means crossing it or not...
Crossing lines appeals to me ALL the time. Lines = Double Dog Dares :mrgreen: .

P.S. I've actually been offered a job at a strip club. Pole dancing can't be all that bad. 8)

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:24 am

jdhonest wrote:As long as you don't brag about your bracket or shoot your limo driver, you should be fine.
Huh? :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jack duluoz

Bronze

Post by jack duluoz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:31 am

jdhonest wrote:As long as you don't brag about your bracket or shoot your limo driver, you should be fine.
lol. although, very few people are bragging about their brackets after this crazy opening day.

btw, wake just beat texas.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:36 am

Hmmm.....depends on if a chick and if you are good looking I'd say......at least that's the norm for these kinds of things. If you are a guy you automatically look stupid or douchey. If you are a less attractive girl, same thing. If you are a good looking girl, it might help you lol.

romothesavior

Diamond

Post by romothesavior » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:51 am

It is often to know the exactly where the "line" is when you are drinking, but here is a little checklist that may help. (And yes, I've learned these tidbits through personal experience, both my own and my friends).

Puking in the toilet- Okay
Puking all over yourself and/or other people- Crossing the line

Striking out horribly in pursuit of a hot chick- Okay
Selling out your standards and landing an ugly chick- Crossing the line (can be okay if no one finds out)

Smoking cigarettes- Okay
Lighting your shirt on fire in the process because you're drunk- Crossing the line

Peeing in public behind a dumpster- Okay
Peeing on a DJ booth at a crowded dance club- Crossing the line

Trying to pick up a girl by telling her you're a soon-to-be law student- Okay
Trying to pick up a girl by telling her you're on the state championship lacrosse team- Debatable
(this one may not apply to you since you're a girl)

That's all I've got, but in all seriousness, I'd say just have fun and let loose. As long as you keep your clothes on in public, don't slur your speech/stumble around, or throw up in front of people, I doubt you'll be acting too much differently than everyone else. Keep an eye out for the behavior of others. and just try not to stick out like a sore thumb.

engineer

Bronze

Post by engineer » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:11 pm

romothesavior wrote:
It is often to know the exactly where the "line" is when you are drinking, but here is a little checklist that may help. (And yes, I've learned these tidbits through personal experience, both my own and my friends).

Selling out your standards and landing an ugly chick- Crossing the line (can be okay if no one finds out)

Smoking cigarettes- Okay
Lighting your shirt on fire in the process because you're drunk- Crossing the line

Trying to pick up a girl by telling her you're on the state championship lacrosse team- Debatable

That's all I've got, but in all seriousness, I'd say just have fun and let loose. As long as you keep your clothes on in public, don't slur your speech/stumble around, or throw up in front of people, I doubt you'll be acting too much differently than everyone else. Keep an eye out for the behavior of others. and just try not to stick out like a sore thumb.
how bad is it that I've personally experienced more than one of the "crossing the line" circumstances you've listed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GatorBait09

New

Post by GatorBait09 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 pm

romothesavior wrote:

Smoking cigarettes- Okay

I've told girls I'm the guy who monitors and flags posts in the "Casual Encounters" section of CraigsList. Where does that fall?

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:51 am

You know, have fun. Get wasted if you want. If a med student tells you that you should watch out, remind who will sort out his medmal suits.

engineer

Bronze

Post by engineer » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 am

macattaq wrote:You know, have fun. Get wasted if you want. If a med student tells you that you should watch out, remind who will sort out his medmal suits.
med students are some of the biggest lushes I've ever met

bighead715

Bronze

Post by bighead715 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 am

GatorBait09 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Smoking cigarettes- Okay

I've told girls I'm the guy who monitors and flags posts in the "Casual Encounters" section of CraigsList. Where does that fall?
falls under...epic

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:24 pm

GatorBait09 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Smoking cigarettes- Okay

Probably somewhere between creepy and get a life.

GatorBait09

New

Post by GatorBait09 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:05 pm

macattaq wrote:
GatorBait09 wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

Smoking cigarettes- Okay

Probably somewhere between creepy and get a life.
Wow...you're not very fun are you.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:14 pm

engineer wrote:
macattaq wrote:You know, have fun. Get wasted if you want. If a med student tells you that you should watch out, remind who will sort out his medmal suits.
Oh, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got gently buzzed but a friend of mine (law) got piss ass drunk! The med students drink and smoke harder than some of us ever could though.

And I saw the med guy I had my eye on... So all in all, a great time.

engineer

Bronze

Post by engineer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:02 am

mac.empress wrote:
engineer wrote:
Oh, it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got gently buzzed but a friend of mine (law) got piss ass drunk! The med students drink and smoke harder than some of us ever could though.

And I saw the med guy I had my eye on... So all in all, a great time.
I KNEW I should've gone to our school's med/law social. And to think, I would've had so many openers with my background as a medic....DAMN IT.

I'm glad you had fun, though!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”