Chicago Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Sentry

Silver

Re: Chicago Class of 2014

Post by Sentry » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:04 pm

HowdyYall wrote:
Fresh wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:anybody else have "Glass Menagerie Photo" under Requirements for their status checker?
Yeah... what is that? Isn't that a play or something
haha yeah i think its probly just something to mess with us
I think it's a facebook they give out everyone knows what their classmates look like.

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:29 pm

trudat15 wrote:
Sentry wrote:
thedude221 wrote: I just talked to a lady at admissions and she said that we should be getting the e-mail today, and that we can wait for the admitted student's site before doing the 500.00 deposit.
Great. Thanks.
Thanks for the info!
EDIT: It's up! Looks like we get $200 reimbursement for ASW again this year. Def. plan on taking advantage

thedude221 wrote:Hey when should we start applying for loans?
I think you start by filing FAFSA and Need Access this month (due 2/1 for Chicago for both - if you dont file by then, you can use estimated numbers).

Then another school application due sometime in May. Just make sure you get in your FAFSA and Need Access soon and you should be good to go.

Where does it say we get 200$ for ASW?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:14 pm

DorianGray89 wrote: Where does it say we get 200$ for ASW?
On the admitted students website, under the tab: admitted student programs: directions, transpo, and travel reimbursement.

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:34 pm

is anyone else upset that chicago's ASW conflicts with berkeley's? i can't decide which one i should go to... :? :(

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:34 am

I am thinking of going to the February 18th Day in the Life program instead of ASW...is anyone else thinking of attending one of those?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:39 am

Sentry wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:
Fresh wrote:
HowdyYall wrote:anybody else have "Glass Menagerie Photo" under Requirements for their status checker?
Yeah... what is that? Isn't that a play or something
haha yeah i think its probly just something to mess with us
I think it's a facebook they give out everyone knows what their classmates look like.
The Glass Menagerie is a booklet that every student receives that has the pictures for all of the students along with their name, school and hometown. Its a really nice book to have 1L year when you are learning everyones names!

If anyone has any other questions, I am happy to answer (I am a 1L), Congrats admits!

gatorgirl4life

Bronze

Post by gatorgirl4life » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:42 am

yeah i may too, since i'll be at berkeley's ASW during chicago's...but probably a later one. i don't really want to be in chicago in february. i would have to buy boots, a coat, etc. haha

leopardRAWR

Bronze

Post by leopardRAWR » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:50 am

gatorgirl4life wrote:yeah i may too, since i'll be at berkeley's ASW during chicago's...but probably a later one. i don't really want to be in chicago in february. i would have to buy boots, a coat, etc. haha
Luckily I either have all of this stuff or similarly sized friends who've agreed to lend me their winter clothing lol. I feel you on the not wanting to be in Chicago in February, but I feel like my reaction to the school and city at that time of year should make it a pretty easy decision one way or the other.

DorianGray89

Bronze

Post by DorianGray89 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:07 pm

leopardRAWR wrote:I am thinking of going to the February 18th Day in the Life program instead of ASW...is anyone else thinking of attending one of those?

Thinking about going to this one as well... not sure yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thedude221

Bronze

Post by thedude221 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:22 pm

Did the admitted student's site have information on how to pay the 500.00 deposit? and if so was there a way to do it over the internet?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:46 pm

thedude221 wrote:Did the admitted student's site have information on how to pay the 500.00 deposit? and if so was there a way to do it over the internet?
It's def in there, along with the ED response form. I mailed mine, but you can probably call some guy in the finaid office (forget his first name) to see if you can pay online. Just browse around and you'll see it. If you cant pay online, they say to have it mailed to them postmarked by 1/15 (for EDers).

thedude221

Bronze

Post by thedude221 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 pm

trudat15 wrote:
thedude221 wrote:Did the admitted student's site have information on how to pay the 500.00 deposit? and if so was there a way to do it over the internet?
It's def in there, along with the ED response form. I mailed mine, but you can probably call some guy in the finaid office (forget his first name) to see if you can pay online. Just browse around and you'll see it. If you cant pay online, they say to have it mailed to them postmarked by 1/15 (for EDers).
So as long as I mail it in by Jan. 15 I'm good right?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

thedude221 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Yup, as long as it's postmarked by the 15th. Its in the website under Attending U of C : Commitment Response Forms

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:08 pm

O HAI.

There's a 100% chance I will be at CHICAGO next year!!! :D

I am waiting to see the ASW schedule, but my plan is to attend the first 1.5 days. If the schedule for Thurs/Fri isn't important stuff, I might just visit some other time this semester.

Bahhhhhhh I loooove you Chi! <3
Last edited by Dany on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:14 pm

trudat15 wrote:
thedude221 wrote:
trudat15 wrote:
Yup, as long as it's postmarked by the 15th. Its in the website under Attending U of C : Commitment Response Forms
The site says you can email them too if you can't get it done by the 15th. FYI - Status checker shows the 500 deposit now and will show that they received the commitment form.

I wish it was September already!

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Last edited by Muenchen on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:06 am

Scratch that, no ASW for me. Looks like I'll be going to a Day in the Life program instead. Anyone else?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rundoxierun

Gold

Post by rundoxierun » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:14 am

eskimo wrote:Scratch that, no ASW for me. Looks like I'll be going to a Day in the Life program instead. Anyone else?
90%Probably me depending on how this scholarship stuff goes... not sure which yet.

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:15 pm

EDers, any of you try to mail your checks in? I sent mine in on Monday and it still isn't showing up on my status checker. Wondering if I should e-mail admissions about it, considering the 1/15 due date is coming up...

tlslsnlsp

Bronze

Post by tlslsnlsp » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:34 pm

i applied RD in mid december, don't have a decision yet, so sorry to hijack this thread but i couldn't help but notice:

three of the handful of people posting on this thread are in korea?! what are the chances. so am i. if i can get that acceptance letter that'll make four of us. out of curiosity, what are you guys doing in korea? working as foreigners teaching english? were you originally from korea and came back following UG graduation?

also ditto on the lay prestige thing; my first acceptance was duke and everyone was like "uh cool... when do you hear back from UCLA and cornell??" :roll:

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:42 pm

soupisgood wrote:EDers, any of you try to mail your checks in? I sent mine in on Monday and it still isn't showing up on my status checker. Wondering if I should e-mail admissions about it, considering the 1/15 due date is coming up...
it just needs to be postmarked by the 15th, so you're good.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:54 pm

tlslsnlsp wrote:i applied RD in mid december, don't have a decision yet, so sorry to hijack this thread but i couldn't help but notice:

three of the handful of people posting on this thread are in korea?! what are the chances. so am i. if i can get that acceptance letter that'll make four of us. out of curiosity, what are you guys doing in korea? working as foreigners teaching english? were you originally from korea and came back following UG graduation?

also ditto on the lay prestige thing; my first acceptance was duke and everyone was like "uh cool... when do you hear back from UCLA and cornell??" :roll:
Good luck; hopefully you'll hear some good news! I'm teaching at a SAT prep company :) Born in Korea, moved to the States when I was 1, lived there straight through UG, and now taking a year off (out of UG) back in the motherland.

sojuteacher wrote:
soupisgood wrote:EDers, any of you try to mail your checks in? I sent mine in on Monday and it still isn't showing up on my status checker. Wondering if I should e-mail admissions about it, considering the 1/15 due date is coming up...
Thanks... I guess I'm just worried that by some freak accident, my check got lost in the mail, and my tardiness will force UChicago to rescind my acceptance. :lol: Yes I am a paranoid creature.

sojuteacher

Bronze

Post by sojuteacher » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:01 pm

quote="tlslsnlsp"]i applied RD in mid december, don't have a decision yet, so sorry to hijack this thread but i couldn't help but notice:

also ditto on the lay prestige thing; my first acceptance was duke and everyone was like "uh cool... when do you hear back from UCLA and cornell??" :roll:[/quote]

I'm a foreigner doing the hagwon gig. I worked in a law firm last year and wanted to do something different before law school. 2nd year out of school

Good luck -- and I still want to have our own ASW in Seoul some weekend in the future. Thoughts?

soupisgood

Bronze

Post by soupisgood » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:15 pm

I'd be down for an ASW in Seoul... how many of us are over here anyway?

trudat15

Silver

Post by trudat15 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 am

soupisgood wrote:
sojuteacher wrote:
Thanks... I guess I'm just worried that by some freak accident, my check got lost in the mail, and my tardiness will force UChicago to rescind my acceptance. :lol: Yes I am a paranoid creature.

On my status checker, it still just says "commitment form received" and the status date so I was a bit worried as well, but on the bottom left it says class deposit, then there it says that I paid it (amt paid and date paid are all filled in). I sent it in on Monday as well, though I'm much closer than Korea.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”