UVA Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Gecko of Doom

Bronze

Re: UVA Class of 2014

Post by Gecko of Doom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:08 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote: wut the wut?
Yeah, you know how they're re-doing the signs over there? They had one of those trailers set up to use as an office. Last night it had tilted off the supports and onto some poor soul's F-150.

Also dreading my upcoming encounter with the inevitably over-crowded and over-worked Student Health Services.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

but if you get it to them ( with your doctor signing everything) you dont actually have to visit them right?

(student health records)

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:12 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:but if you get it to them ( with your doctor signing everything) you dont actually have to visit them right?

(student health records)
correct

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:16 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:
crossingforHYS wrote:but if you get it to them ( with your doctor signing everything) you dont actually have to visit them right?

(student health records)
correct
+1. I was regretting going to Student Health just to avoid my $20 insurance copay this morning. After a while, though, I'm actually glad I did it; it's not like I have tons of things to do.

By the way, it's worth noting that anyone can go to Student Health and see someone for free, even if you don't have the Aetna insurance. Its part of your comprehensive fee. So I can still see going there for things like getting a script for antibiotics for a sinus infection. Just don't let them run any tests on you.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:26 pm

sundance95 wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:

(student health records)
correct
+1. I was regretting going to Student Health just to avoid my $20 insurance copay this morning. After a while, though, I'm actually glad I did it; it's not like I have tons of things to do.

By the way, it's worth noting that anyone can go to Student Health and see someone for free, even if you don't have the Aetna insurance. Its part of your comprehensive fee. So I can still see going there for things like getting a script for antibiotics for a sinus infection. Just don't let them run any tests on you.
Thanks to both of you! I appreciate the clarification :)!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote: wut the wut?
Yeah, you know how they're re-doing the signs over there? They had one of those trailers set up to use as an office. Last night it had tilted off the supports and onto some poor soul's F-150.

Also dreading my upcoming encounter with the inevitably over-crowded and over-worked Student Health Services.
If you already have your ID and are all setup with the passphrase bullshit you can go to http://www.healthyhoos.virginia.edu and make an appointment. Mine's tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will cut down on the wait.

Oh and also, holy fucking pouring rain Charlottesville.

Faceplant

New

Post by Faceplant » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:14 pm

what is UP! UVa C/O 2014 TLS'ers!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Faceplant wrote:what is UP! UVa C/O 2014 TLS'ers!
What is up, rcweedman?

Banned for unauthorized alting.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm

Has there already been a class of 14 tlsers meet up that I missed?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gecko of Doom

Bronze

Post by Gecko of Doom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Law Sauce wrote:Has there already been a class of 14 tlsers meet up that I missed?
Not that I know of, but a lot of us went to some of the events that have been organized through the Facebook page.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Gecko of Doom wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:Has there already been a class of 14 tlsers meet up that I missed?
Not that I know of, but a lot of us went to some of the events that have been organized through the Facebook page.
Well then we should have a big tlser throw down before school starts. I know there are a bunch of us on here.

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Last edited by crossingforHYS on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:53 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:+1
Law Sauce wrote:
Gecko of Doom wrote:
Well then we should have a big tlser throw down before school starts. I know there are a bunch of us on here.
Ok how about we have a tls meet up for drinks or whatever on wednesday or thursday. Any other tls 14ers in?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gecko of Doom

Bronze

Post by Gecko of Doom » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Law Sauce wrote:Ok how about we have a tls meet up for drinks or whatever on wednesday or thursday. Any other tls 14ers in?
I'm in.

joemoviebuff

Silver

Post by joemoviebuff » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am

Drat. I was hoping to sign up for Zipcar but their pick up locations are way too far from where I live. Shitty.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Dear UVA IT: Thanks for making everything so 'secure' that's it's damn near unusable. I can barely remember my UVA web ID, and even if I do, there's no effing way I can remember your absurd passwords.

ThreeYears

Bronze

Post by ThreeYears » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:09 pm

sundance95 wrote:Dear UVA IT: Thanks for making everything so 'secure' that's it's damn near unusable. I can barely remember my UVA web ID, and even if I do, there's no effing way I can remember your absurd passwords.

But after you remember it, you will have a kick-ass password for life.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

sundance95 wrote:Dear UVA IT: Thanks for making everything so 'secure' that's it's damn near unusable. I can barely remember my UVA web ID, and even if I do, there's no effing way I can remember your absurd passwords.
If you think UVA is bad, just wait until you see how a law firm operates.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:43 pm

ThreeYears wrote:

From 2 to 5 every day this week, ITC has an open house for getting you all set up in room 104 on the first floor. They will set up your printers and wireless and everything.

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:49 pm

sundance95 wrote: If you don't do it today, I recommend going as early as possible in the morning tomorrow. When I went this morning, the folks working the ID desk were really flustered, and the line was only five people long. I'd hate to see what it gets like when the undergrads start to come in force.

Speaking of which, has anyone dealt with the lovely people at Student Health Medical Records? (/sarcasm) I called today for an appointment to go over the immunization forms, and the woman at Medical Records just about had a conniption fit. "No, we won't see you, you have to fill out the form first!" This, despite the fact that the form clearly says that it needs to be filled out by a medical professional-and I know for a fact a fellow classmate did it there not an hour before my call. So I fill it all out, bring copies of my records, leave it with them, and I get an email an hour later. Evidently, they accepted all my claims of being immunized, arguably the most important part ("Part A" for those looking at it) despite not being filled out by a nurse or doctor, but they didn't accept my answers to the three questions about TB (all of which were 'No,' meaning I don't have to be tested). So, I get to go down to Student Health tomorrow and see a doc just to answer three questions on a form.

TL;DR - If you are planning on using Student Health to do the immunization records stuff, start early because their heads are way up their asses. I saw the woman working the desk loudly dress down a doc who was helping a foreign student with the paperwork, saying she had no idea what the immunization requirements are and they didn't need this form the doctor had filled out and she was just going to throw it away. In the meantime, this poor international student's immunization history was basically being broadcast to the entire lobby.

Makes me glad I'm keeping my wife's insurance.
Where is Student Health Medical Records?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Law Sauce wrote:Where is Student Health Medical Records?
I believe it's in the Elon Student Health Center (which is near the main grounds and provides health services to the entire university). 400 Brandon Avenue, at the intersection of Jefferson Park Ave and Brandon Ave.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=400+brand ... esville+va

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:01 pm

ThreeYears wrote:

haha, yesss :D

crossingforHYS

Silver

Post by crossingforHYS » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Law Sauce wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:

From 2 to 5 every day this week, ITC has an open house for getting you all set up in room 104 on the first floor. They will set up your printers and wireless and everything.
at the law school?

Law Sauce

Silver

Post by Law Sauce » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:54 pm

crossingforHYS wrote:
Law Sauce wrote:
ThreeYears wrote:

at the law school?
yea, at the law school. also, thanks vw

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Law Sauce wrote:From 2 to 5 every day this week, ITC has an open house for getting you all set up in room 104 on the first floor. They will set up your printers and wireless and everything.
Yeah, I went there and they helped set up Chrome to utilize their certificate system. Evidently only Firefox and IE (shudder) will be automatically set up by their software, so if are a Chrome user you'll need them to help you out.

By the way, the law school IT guys all seemed really nice-its just the security policies set by the overall University IT dept. that seem counter productive to me. The fact that the password must be exactly eight characters long would seem to make brute forcing those passwords a lot easier, even if they are a largely random collection of characters. But, I'm sure there are other here more qualified to comment on that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”