Emory Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
sdwhodat

Bronze

Re: Emory Law Class of 2014

Post by sdwhodat » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:45 pm

Metaread wrote:Those are good reasons! And if they let you in, they'll probably give you a full scholarship. Have you looked into becoming a Woodruff Scholar?
Oh yeah, lol. One of the main attractions :) I figure that being a Woodruff Scholar would also give me an edge in trying to get a job after graduation, and maybe even for summer associates. Of course, I've got to get it first, lol. I already had the nomination letter sent in ;)

Metaread

Bronze

Post by Metaread » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:07 am

Excellent! I wish you the best of luck. May you land the Woodruff scholarship. Your academic credentials would probably help you out lots for your nomination, and you'd be applying to Emory at a relatively good time. :)

This year the admin has been putting in all these new programs and efforts to get 1Ls to start the job search earlier and consider the options more. They had a career strategy summit, a new website put up, and the various deans all emphasize being proactive in the job search and using these new resources. They've also been contacting potential employers more proactively, and I hear the previous head of Career Services got placed elsewhere at Emory, rather than with the law school career services.

Also, if you get class with Freer, Abrams, Ahdieh, or Schapiro, you're also going to be one of the 1Ls with one of the legendary profs.

AffordablePrep

Bronze

Post by AffordablePrep » Wed May 09, 2012 1:34 pm

We currently have a vacancy for an LSAT tutor in Atlanta. If anybody would be interested, has a score of 167+, is personable and looking for some extra money PM me.

phparikh

New

Post by phparikh » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:36 pm

If you're looking for an apartment, let me know! It's a large one bedroom right off the campus--within walking distance of the campus. 1000/1 bedroom. You'll never have to drive or pay for parking (which isn't cheap!). We can also split the referral fee.

anewaphorist

Bronze

Post by anewaphorist » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 pm

“I’m sure Emory has failed you in some way,” said Professor Stadler at 2011 commencement, saying she wished she could change that. But the terrible job market, she said, offers opportunity for happiness.
“You might have to move to Nebraska. … You might have to join a small firm where they don’t make the big bucks,” she said. “You might also have to learn to be a giver, not a taker. Givers tend to be happy people. Takers are never satisfied. I want you to be satisfied with your professional lives."
http://abovethelaw.com/2011/05/possibly ... eech-ever/

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”