Harvard Law Announced Remote Fall Term Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
SherlockShokralla

New

Harvard Law Announced Remote Fall Term

Post by SherlockShokralla » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:28 pm

So, HLS just announced that the fall term will be fully remote. https://hls.harvard.edu/dept/registrar/ ... questions/

How do people applying to transfer there feel about this? I'm a little unsure now. On top of that, write-on results don't come out until third week of July so there's no way of knowing until after you've accepted. At the same time, this may set a trend for the rest of the T14s.

What's everyone's thoughts?

castor

New

Re: Harvard Law Announced Remote Fall Term

Post by castor » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:36 pm

I personally think that almost schools will be online, and while it’s obviously unfortunate, it is what it is. Maybe they will be lenient on deferrals?

zoeharts

New

Post by zoeharts » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:39 pm

I'm really looking forward to moving to a new city and starting classes and starting online would be so sad for me. I think smaller schools may be safe enough to have in-person classes but Harvard does have a lot of students.

ignorantfoot96

New

Post by ignorantfoot96 » Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:28 pm

SherlockShokralla wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:28 pm
So, HLS just announced that the fall term will be fully remote. https://hls.harvard.edu/dept/registrar/ ... questions/

How do people applying to transfer there feel about this? I'm a little unsure now. On top of that, write-on results don't come out until third week of July so there's no way of knowing until after you've accepted. At the same time, this may set a trend for the rest of the T14s.

What's everyone's thoughts?
Georgetown announced that people will have the option to select remote classes or in person classes. No matter which you pick, there will be no in person classes after Thanksgiving Break. Finals will be take home, which is terrifying :?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”