UChicago “on hold” 2020 Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

UChicago “on hold” 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:33 pm

Is anyone else on hold at UChicago after applying ED? Wanted to get a sense of how many of us are out there!
I am 10% at a regional T4.

Vickmun

New

Re: UChicago “on hold” 2020

Post by Vickmun » Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:57 pm

Were you deferred to RD or did they actually tell you that you were "on hold" in the sense that they still had not made a decision to admit, defer or deny you? AFAIK, ED decisions were transmitted to applicants last Thursday.

gomsugo

New

Re: UChicago “on hold” 2020

Post by gomsugo » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:08 am

Also on hold after applying ED. As to the second response, per past forums and the email I got, they specifically said that they wanted to see a full year's worth of grades (which is interesting given the fact that nearly all schools are going P/F mandatory, though mine isn't) and that we would be considered with RD applicants. However, from some of the other forums, some impressive candidates got outright dinged last Thursday.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”