Should I apply to Harvard or Yale? Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
jessM101

New

Should I apply to Harvard or Yale?

Post by jessM101 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Anyone have thoughts on whether I should apply to Harvard or Yale with a 3.65 GPA (top 10% rank) at a T-20 school? Or is there no chance?

zoeharts

New

Re: Should I apply to Harvard or Yale?

Post by zoeharts » Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 pm

Your GPA falls below the 25th percentile of transfer GPAs for both of those schools.
However, I think you have a chance at the lower T-14 such as Cornell and Georgetown.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Post by decimalsanddollars » Fri May 15, 2020 3:48 pm

YSH is going to be really tough with that GPA, even from a t20 school. Yale usually only takes transfers from t20 schools to begin with; ditto Stanford, except they take some (absolute top of class) students from California T1/T2 schools. Harvard takes a big class, but their median is usually 3.9 or so. I do think you have a shot at CCN, particularly if you have a good reason for that school/that city.

empknight

New

Post by empknight » Sun May 17, 2020 4:37 pm

zoeharts wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 pm
Your GPA falls below the 25th percentile of transfer GPAs for both of those schools.
However, I think you have a chance at the lower T-14 such as Cornell and Georgetown.
What would one need to transfer out of Columbia or NYU? I am struggling to find anecdotal evidence.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:43 pm

empknight wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 4:37 pm
zoeharts wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:35 pm
What would one need to transfer out of Columbia or NYU? I am struggling to find anecdotal evidence.
You're struggling to find anecdotes because very few people would take that opportunity. If you did well enough at Columbia or NYU to transfer to Yale, then you wouldn't see much benefit from the transfer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”