GW -> t14 transfer chances Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ingoodkompany

New

GW -> t14 transfer chances

Post by ingoodkompany » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:42 am

Finished fall semester with a 3.67, somewhere in the 15-20% range. Should have one strong LOR from my legal writing professor and another adequate one. I want to do biglaw and given the current state of the economy I’m very nervous about getting that from GW.

I’m thinking of applying to NYU (from NY) and Northwestern. Any other schools that I should be considering? I’m not sure Georgetown makes any sense, and I haven’t heard good things about Cornell for transfer students. Penn or Chicago for big reaches? Any thoughts on schools or just the transferring in general are much appreciated, I just started contemplating this once the whole pandemic thing hit.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: GW -> t14 transfer chances

Post by decimalsanddollars » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am

Add Columbia, Penn, and Chicago for sure. Yes, you're below median, but you're coming from a school that's better than most of their sender schools. Your chances are probably around 50-50 at each.

I think you'll probably get in to Northwestern, and your odds are better than 50-50 at NYU. I agree GULC isn't worth it and Cornell isn't a good idea either, in both cases mostly because you can do better. The usual drawback with Cornell---that regular-cycle transfers can't do AJF or OCI or write onto journals---may be different this year. Regardless, your grades put you in range for better schools. I think you should apply to CCNP+Northwestern just to give yourself options

ingoodkompany

New

Post by ingoodkompany » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:22 am

decimalsanddollars wrote:I think you should apply to CCNP+Northwestern just to give yourself options
Awesome, thanks for the well thought advice! Wanted to add a few more schools but wasn't sure where to shoot.

plurilingue

Bronze

Post by plurilingue » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:28 pm

ingoodkompany wrote:
decimalsanddollars wrote:I think you should apply to CCNP+Northwestern just to give yourself options
Awesome, thanks for the well thought advice! Wanted to add a few more schools but wasn't sure where to shoot.
I would blanket MVPB on up and see where the chips fall.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”