HLS 2018 Transfer Thread Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawSchoolGeeky

New

Re: HLS 2018 Transfer Thread

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:21 pm

notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.
Aw shucks. I was really hoping to hear tomorrow.
Same! I also have a deposit deadline tomorrow so I'd love to know by then.....Sigh.
I already put in my full deposit for GULC and I'd really love not to have to drop anymore money before knowing from all schools I applied to :/ Part of me is holding on to the unrealistic hope that they just said that as a formality and they might still release decisions tomorrow lol.

EDIT: Also I was looking back at previous threads and in the 2016 one someone made a phone call to admissions and was told they wouldn’t release decisions until mid-July and that same night phone calls started going out, so they might be trained just to recite the “mid-July” bit as a formality. This might mean nothing but I'm holding on to any shred of hope I can :cry:

rebeccawei7

New

Post by rebeccawei7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:37 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:Just called the Admissions Office and they said that we should hear back in the next week because they want to get decisions out by around mid-July. I seriously want to know now haha.
Same! I also have a deposit deadline tomorrow so I'd love to know by then.....Sigh.
I already put in my full deposit for GULC and I'd really love not to have to drop anymore money before knowing from all schools I applied to :/ Part of me is holding on to the unrealistic hope that they just said that as a formality and they might still release decisions tomorrow lol.

EDIT: Also I was looking back at previous threads and in the 2016 one someone made a phone call to admissions and was told they wouldn’t release decisions until mid-July and that same night phone calls started going out, so they might be trained just to recite the “mid-July” bit as a formality. This might mean nothing but I'm holding on to any shred of hope I can :cry:
I was just about to say the same thing happened in 2016. I think they might release tomorrow, or at least next Monday?

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 pm

rebeccawei7 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:

I was just about to say the same thing happened in 2016. I think they might release tomorrow, or at least next Monday?
Yeah I'm REALLY hoping for tomorrow but Monday at the latest because I don't know if I can wait longer than that :shock:

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:42 pm

Yeah, I really hope they get back to us soon because even if I end up putting the deposit down, I want to know asap. The waiting is driving me nuts. I also just want to start making arrangements if I have to move cities.

Sadnessandmisfortune

New

Post by Sadnessandmisfortune » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:10 pm

rebeccawei7 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:

I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. If the resume review deadline is next Friday at HLS and we're supposed to have a week to decide if we're gonna deposit, it would make a lot of sense to get it out tomorrow so that we have that week to decide and will still meet the deadline.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Sadnessandmisfortune wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:

I've got my fingers crossed for tomorrow. If the resume review deadline is next Friday at HLS and we're supposed to have a week to decide if we're gonna deposit, it would make a lot of sense to get it out tomorrow so that we have that week to decide and will still meet the deadline.
Oh is that their deadline for their OCI?

rebeccawei7

New

Post by rebeccawei7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:22 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
Sadnessandmisfortune wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:
LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:

Oh is that their deadline for their OCI?
I believe the student bidding for OCI will not start until 7/13.

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:26 pm

But isn't there a deadline for that for the career office to review and give feedback/approve of your resume and everything or does that not apply to transfers?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:27 pm

Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
Yeah that’s stressful. What other schools are you considering?
I got into Northwestern last Friday but HLS is my first choice so I'm waiting until the last possible minute.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:30 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:But isn't there a deadline for that for the career office to review and give feedback/approve of your resume and everything or does that not apply to transfers?
Yeah, I think that's what the deadline is for. Northwestern has the same timetable.

Lolstudent

New

Post by Lolstudent » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:32 pm

notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
I got into Northwestern last Friday but HLS is my first choice so I'm waiting until the last possible minute.

Congrats! I got into Berkeley but will likely stay put at my lower T2 unless I get into H or Berk gives me $$.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:37 pm

Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:

Congrats! I got into Berkeley but will likely stay put at my lower T2 unless I get into H or Berk gives me $$.
Thanks! Congrats on Berkeley! I'm waiting to hear from them haha because I would prefer to go there over Northwestern. Yeah, I was thinking about staying at my current school because Northwestern transfers aren't eligible for scholarships but I really like their international law program. But I would kill to go to HLS so the suspense is awful.

ucantcme

New

Post by ucantcme » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:47 pm

ahh there were so many replies I thought there was movement...

I think decisions will be Monday, tomorrow seems too soon.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Did anyone do their write-on competition for law review?

rebeccawei7

New

Post by rebeccawei7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:07 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:Did anyone do their write-on competition for law review?
I did - did you hear anything back from them?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm

rebeccawei7 wrote:
I did as well but haven't heard anything.

rebeccawei7

New

Post by rebeccawei7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:11 pm

notellewoods wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:
Well I think they will not let us know until the transfer decision is made. Here is the email response from Law Review couple weeks ago if that helps.

"We may only offer membership to HLS students; we contact HLS admissions in order to find out the admissions status of a prospective editor who is a prospective transfer student. We don’t need to know whether or not the student has accepted admission to HLS, only whether or not HLS will be admitting the student."

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LawSchoolGeeky

New

Post by LawSchoolGeeky » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:14 pm

rebeccawei7 wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:
Well I think they will not let us know until the transfer decision is made. Here is the email response from Law Review couple weeks ago if that helps.

"We may only offer membership to HLS students; we contact HLS admissions in order to find out the admissions status of a prospective editor who is a prospective transfer student. We don’t need to know whether or not the student has accepted admission to HLS, only whether or not HLS will be admitting the student."
Hmm okay. Yeah I did as well but haven't heard anything. Makes sense that they wouldn't let you know until admissions makes the decision though.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

LawSchoolGeeky wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:
notellewoods wrote:
rebeccawei7 wrote:

Hmm okay. Yeah I did as well but haven't heard anything. Makes sense that they wouldn't let you know until admissions makes the decision though.
Yeah, could you imagine getting an email from the Law Review that you were admitted and then an email from the school that you weren't?

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:15 am

Really hoping we hear something today....

Lolstudent

New

Post by Lolstudent » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:27 am

notellewoods wrote:Really hoping we hear something today....
Me too. I’m expecting a ding but just want the uncertainty to end.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

Lolstudent wrote:
So am I but I'd rather know for sure now

rebeccawei7

New

Post by rebeccawei7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 am

Lolstudent wrote:
Same here. I am really anxious about it, and unproductive with my work haha.

notellewoods

Bronze

Post by notellewoods » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:31 am

rebeccawei7 wrote:
Lolstudent wrote:
Same here. I am really anxious about it, and unproductive with my work haha.
Same! I'm going crazy at work. I keep checking my email and this board.

ucantcme

New

Post by ucantcme » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:10 am

I don't think i'm getting any work done today haha

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”