Withdraw after signing intent to enroll form Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Withdraw after signing intent to enroll form

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:54 am

Hi, just a hypothetical question:

If my dream school accepts me after I already paid deposit + signed intent to enroll form to another school, can I still withdraw?

Thx

Lawstudent3000

New

Re: Withdraw after signing intent to enroll form

Post by Lawstudent3000 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 pm

From what I understand, and there may be different rules so read before doing anything, but paying a deposit does not commit you. It just holds your seat.

Signing an intent to attend form means you are committing to attend. I'm not sure if "legally" you would be barred from breaking that, but my guess is that once a school finds out you signed one, they will likely rescind any offers/break the acceptance, etc.

If you've done both, I'm not sure. My guess is you are still committing. No real reason to do both, either pay the deposit or just sign the form.

EDIT - based on longtimecomin19, maybe I'm wrong. But I'd maybe get an opinion about the specific schools and how much they care.
Last edited by Lawstudent3000 on Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eminentdomain

New

Post by eminentdomain » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:01 pm

Last edited by eminentdomain on Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Longtimecoming19

Bronze

Post by Longtimecoming19 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:26 pm

I withdrew after signing an 'intent to attend' form with School X when I got into School Y. Neither School X or School Y cared—School X never pursued it at all, and School Y explicitly told me they didn't care.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”