Hope for all y'all transfers Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
boblawlawblog

New

Hope for all y'all transfers

Post by boblawlawblog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 pm

I know some of y'all are thinking about transferring, and I want to offer something not typically seen on TLS.

I transferred from a TTTT to the T-14. My grades at the TTTT were, frankly, not amazing. I was barely in the top third. Somehow, I got out of the TTTT and into the T-14.

I had read once on here that people presume that with those stats, you are most likely to end up in the bottom quarter of your class when you transfer. I was terrified of that being a reality. So, when I transferred, I used to feel this weird shame in classes, like I wasn't supposed to be there.

People also would say that you probably wouldn't make many friends outside of your transfer group. However, I ended up making a really great circle of friends in my transfer group, AND outside. I'm even dating this great girl I met at school who was not a transfer.

I just found out today that I graduated with honors, in the top third of my class in the T-14. I worked my ass off, but it's doable. Don't ever feel like you aren't supposed to be there. If you get in, you are supposed to be there. And don't think you aren't as smart as the other kids. You probably are, and you might be hungrier than they are. Use that to your advantage.

Good luck to everyone who is transferring schools. It's probably one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.

acr

Silver

Re: Hope for all y'all transfers

Post by acr » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:41 pm

boblawlawblog wrote:I know some of y'all are thinking about transferring, and I want to offer something not typically seen on TLS.

I transferred from a TTTT to the T-14. My grades at the TTTT were, frankly, not amazing. I was barely in the top third. Somehow, I got out of the TTTT and into the T-14.

I had read once on here that people presume that with those stats, you are most likely to end up in the bottom quarter of your class when you transfer. I was terrified of that being a reality. So, when I transferred, I used to feel this weird shame in classes, like I wasn't supposed to be there.

People also would say that you probably wouldn't make many friends outside of your transfer group. However, I ended up making a really great circle of friends in my transfer group, AND outside. I'm even dating this great girl I met at school who was not a transfer.

I just found out today that I graduated with honors, in the top third of my class in the T-14. I worked my ass off, but it's doable. Don't ever feel like you aren't supposed to be there. If you get in, you are supposed to be there. And don't think you aren't as smart as the other kids. You probably are, and you might be hungrier than they are. Use that to your advantage.

Good luck to everyone who is transferring schools. It's probably one of the best things you'll ever do for yourself.
I understand what you're trying to do here, but the bolded is just plain incorrect. Each transfer situation is different, and deciding to transfer can be a poor decision in some circumstances. Also, I'm glad you found a girlfriend and got over your shame, but the fact that it anecdotally worked out for you (i.e. one person) doesn't mean it will work out or can work out the same for everyone.
Last edited by acr on Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boblawlawblog

New

Post by boblawlawblog » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 pm

acr wrote:
boblawlawblog wrote:I know some of y'all are thinking about transferring, and I want to offer something not typically seen on TLS.

I understand what you're trying to do here, but the bolded is just plain incorrect. Each transfer situation is different, and deciding to transfer can be a poor decision in some circumstances. Also, the fact that it anecdotally worked out for you (i.e. one person) doesn't mean it will work out or can work out the same for everyone.
Oh, please. Good grief. :roll:

omar.comin

New

Post by omar.comin » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:17 am

Really awesome, man. I went to a school with a lot of transfers (but wasn't a transfer myself). Let me just tell you that I think exam-taking skills in law school are transferrable across the board, and I think the rest of us had a pretty healthy fear of transfers destroying our curve :P Glad everything worked out for ya!

hopingformiracle

New

Post by hopingformiracle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:34 am

This is so encouraging. May I ask which T-14 you transferred into? Tried to find a way to message but failed :(. Thanks!

SomewhatLearnedHand

Bronze

Post by SomewhatLearnedHand » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:04 am

hopingformiracle wrote:This is so encouraging. May I ask which T-14 you transferred into? Tried to find a way to message but failed :(. Thanks!

Could be wrong, but based on those stats, I'm guessing Gtown. Post history suggests possibly UT, but that's not a T14 so idk.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”