2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Neirsusca
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Neirsusca » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:14 pm

No change for me. But I don't have an apartment in my address and chose only full-time so I don't think anything would change...

CS5509
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby CS5509 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:11 am

Hopefully today is the day. Emails seem to have come out on this Friday in past years

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:19 am

Generic1L wrote:I don't know if this means anything, but I have an address change. (Apt. -> Apartment) No movement on program time or decision. Backdoor not successful.


Interesting. In previous years they've updated everyone's addresses around the same time. The change was uniform for those accepted and deferred. So I'm wondering why they would roll it out in batches here. FWIW, mine hasn't expanded.

A lot of solid numbers didn't get the update though, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Hypenberg
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Hypenberg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Probably will be suspected as flame/troll but TTT 3.81 Top 10-5% in via backdoor I had change from apt --> Apartment!

nrthwst4now
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby nrthwst4now » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Hypenberg wrote:Probably will be suspected as flame/troll but TTT 3.81 Top 10-5% in via backdoor I had change from apt --> Apartment!


LOL

Hypenberg
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Hypenberg » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:26 pm

nrthwst4now wrote:
Hypenberg wrote:Probably will be suspected as flame/troll but TTT 3.81 Top 10-5% in via backdoor I had change from apt --> Apartment!


LOL


I wonder when the email will go out... Kinda wishing I would have applied to UT EA too now that GULC is no longer T14. PM me for proof.

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Hypenberg wrote:
nrthwst4now wrote:
Hypenberg wrote:Probably will be suspected as flame/troll but TTT 3.81 Top 10-5% in via backdoor I had change from apt --> Apartment!


LOL


I wonder when the email will go out... Kinda wishing I would have applied to UT EA too now that GULC is no longer T14. PM me for proof.


8/10, would read again.

federalist2019
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby federalist2019 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:16 pm

Heisenbyrd wrote:
Hypenberg wrote:
nrthwst4now wrote:
Hypenberg wrote:Probably will be suspected as flame/troll but TTT 3.81 Top 10-5% in via backdoor I had change from apt --> Apartment!


LOL


I wonder when the email will go out... Kinda wishing I would have applied to UT EA too now that GULC is no longer T14. PM me for proof.


8/10, would read again.

Also not buying it.

Generic1L
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:51 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Generic1L » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm

Original person with the address change here. Backdoor still doesn't work for me.

Also UT doesn't have an EA process this year. Apps open May 1st.

CS5509
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby CS5509 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:47 pm

Backdoor not working here either

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:45 am

Well, backdoor's got to work a couple days before the letters go out, right? If this is the week, it could all open Monday! My money's on Wednesday, but a boy can dream.

federalist2019
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:20 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby federalist2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:15 am

Heisenbyrd wrote:Well, backdoor's got to work a couple days before the letters go out, right? If this is the week, it could all open Monday! My money's on Wednesday, but a boy can dream.

Unprecedentedly late decision could mean unprecedented backdoor/mailing days.

HelpMe!!
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:32 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby HelpMe!! » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:21 am

Does anyone have an EA deadline from another school? If so, what is it?

TTTTtop6
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby TTTTtop6 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:31 am

Richmond and Mason both in. GULC probably a stretch for me anyways though.

Called GULC last week and they said maybe no decision until early may maybe.

acethebar
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:49 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby acethebar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:21 am

I have an EA deadline on May 1st. I hope we hear something this week!

TTTTescapee
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:32 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby TTTTescapee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:35 am

TTTTtop6 wrote:Richmond and Mason both in. GULC probably a stretch for me anyways though.

Called GULC last week and they said maybe no decision until early may maybe.

When did you hear back from Mason? Also, when did you have the phone screen?

alldayorange
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby alldayorange » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 am

TTTTescapee wrote:
TTTTtop6 wrote:Richmond and Mason both in. GULC probably a stretch for me anyways though.

Called GULC last week and they said maybe no decision until early may maybe.

When did you hear back from Mason? Also, when did you have the phone screen?


I had a phone interview with Mason last week. They told me they hope to have decisions by this Friday. Have they given you a decision TTTTtop6?

TTTTtop6
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:30 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby TTTTtop6 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:00 pm

Phone interview last Wed

TTTTescapee
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:32 am

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby TTTTescapee » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:31 pm

TTTTtop6 wrote:Phone interview last Wed

Mason already accepted you?

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:47 pm

TTTTescapee wrote:
TTTTtop6 wrote:Phone interview last Wed

Mason already accepted you?


Yet, the first response was:
TTTTtop6 wrote:Richmond and Mason both in.


As riveting an exchange as this may be, there are plenty of other places to have it...

Hypenberg
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Hypenberg » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 pm

Heisenbyrd wrote:Well, backdoor's got to work a couple days before the letters go out, right? If this is the week, it could all open Monday! My money's on Wednesday, but a boy can dream.


Heisenbyrd wrote:
TTTTescapee wrote:
TTTTtop6 wrote:Phone interview last Wed

Mason already accepted you?


Yet, the first response was:
TTTTtop6 wrote:Richmond and Mason both in.


As riveting an exchange as this may be, there are plenty of other places to have it...


But your money is on Wednesday! Why can't they have this here again? I am confused, Byrd.

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:15 pm

Hypenberg wrote:But your money is on Wednesday! Why can't they have this here again? I am confused, Byrd.


Non sequitur troll strikes back.

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:17 pm

federalist2019 wrote:
Heisenbyrd wrote:Well, backdoor's got to work a couple days before the letters go out, right? If this is the week, it could all open Monday! My money's on Wednesday, but a boy can dream.

Unprecedentedly late decision could mean unprecedented backdoor/mailing days.


Can't argue with that logic. Haha we're going to depress the hell out of next year's thread readers.

CR2019
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby CR2019 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Heisenbyrd wrote:
federalist2019 wrote:
Heisenbyrd wrote:Well, backdoor's got to work a couple days before the letters go out, right? If this is the week, it could all open Monday! My money's on Wednesday, but a boy can dream.

Unprecedentedly late decision could mean unprecedented backdoor/mailing days.


Can't argue with that logic. Haha we're going to depress the hell out of next year's thread readers.


Saw a bunch of new comments and got a pit in my stomach... This wait is going to kill me I'm sure of it.

User avatar
Heisenbyrd
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:25 pm

Re: 2017 GULC EA Transfer Thread

Postby Heisenbyrd » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Oh shit!

Program Time: "Both" --> "Part-Time"
NO address change

Also forgot to mention I'm coming from PT, so that makes sense. I think this is a good sign. Good luck everybody!

Edit: Address change!!
Last edited by Heisenbyrd on Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Transfers”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.