My chances of transferring... please help! High T2/Top 5% Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
iheartlaw

Bronze

Re: My chances of transferring... please help! High T2/Top 5%

Post by iheartlaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:41 pm

What do you guys think about attaching an addendum to my application with regards to being a PT student and how I will only have 21 units for the adcoms to look at, as I won't receive my summer grades until mid August (which will be too late for them to use to evaluate) and to please render a decision on my application with what I have (letting them know that by summer's end and before the start of my 2L I will have completed 26 semester units)? Some schools have suggested that I write such an addendum, I am just not sure if this will be drawing even more attention to my application and my PT 1L year than I should. Seems like a tough decision to make.. any insight?

If I write it, they may realize they won't receive my summer grades and make a decision based on my grades that they have in front of them (i.e., my PT 1L grades), but at the same time they will also see that I am PT and may not accept me because of this.

If I don't write it, they may not know that I won't be receiving my grades in time, and may wait to render a decision on my application until those grades come in, or they may not even know that I am enrolled in summer classes and may be wondering why is this guy trying to apply with 21 units, doesnt he know he needs to have more to xfer here? But then again, there is the possibility they will overlook this altogether.

BLAH.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 am

iheartlaw wrote:What do you guys think about attaching an addendum to my application with regards to being a PT student and how I will only have 21 units for the adcoms to look at, as I won't receive my summer grades until mid August (which will be too late for them to use to evaluate) and to please render a decision on my application with what I have (letting them know that by summer's end and before the start of my 2L I will have completed 26 semester units)? Some schools have suggested that I write such an addendum, I am just not sure if this will be drawing even more attention to my application and my PT 1L year than I should. Seems like a tough decision to make.. any insight?

If I write it, they may realize they won't receive my summer grades and make a decision based on my grades that they have in front of them (i.e., my PT 1L grades), but at the same time they will also see that I am PT and may not accept me because of this.

If I don't write it, they may not know that I won't be receiving my grades in time, and may wait to render a decision on my application until those grades come in, or they may not even know that I am enrolled in summer classes and may be wondering why is this guy trying to apply with 21 units, doesnt he know he needs to have more to xfer here? But then again, there is the possibility they will overlook this altogether.

BLAH.

pmed you. . . . also, chill.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:22 am

megaTTTron wrote:
iheartlaw wrote:What do you guys think about attaching an addendum to my application with regards to being a PT student and how I will only have 21 units for the adcoms to look at, as I won't receive my summer grades until mid August (which will be too late for them to use to evaluate) and to please render a decision on my application with what I have (letting them know that by summer's end and before the start of my 2L I will have completed 26 semester units)? Some schools have suggested that I write such an addendum, I am just not sure if this will be drawing even more attention to my application and my PT 1L year than I should. Seems like a tough decision to make.. any insight?

BLAH.

pmed you. . . . also, chill.
+1

iheartlaw

Bronze

Post by iheartlaw » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:44 pm

haha okay. thanks for the pms, though each of you said the exact opposite thing. but it's alright, i am now calm, cool and collected. if i were in to an amazing school like each of you, i would be totallllly chill. ;) but thanks for the advice. i guess now I just need to decide what's best for me. though, i am hopeful and confident that everything will work out.

megaTTTron

Silver

Post by megaTTTron » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:34 pm

iheartlaw wrote:haha okay. thanks for the pms, though each of you said the exact opposite thing. but it's alright, i am now calm, cool and collected. if i were in to an amazing school like each of you, i would be totallllly chill. ;) but thanks for the advice. i guess now I just need to decide what's best for me. though, i am hopeful and confident that everything will work out.

WTF Stinger? No seriously, I was FT so listen to stinger.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:07 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
iheartlaw wrote:haha okay. thanks for the pms, though each of you said the exact opposite thing. but it's alright, i am now calm, cool and collected. if i were in to an amazing school like each of you, i would be totallllly chill. ;) but thanks for the advice. i guess now I just need to decide what's best for me. though, i am hopeful and confident that everything will work out.

WTF Stinger? No seriously, I was FT so listen to stinger.
GOD DAMNIT MEGA!!

Honestly though, you put it best yourself law, decide what's best for you and go for it. In the end, I don't think it will make that big of a difference and whats meant to be will be.

All I meant to do was tell you what I did, and what others did before me and therefore advised me to. In the end, I felt like the more things I said about the reason's I deserve to get in "despite" something else, the more they would overlook me. I was EXTREMELY skeptical about not adding the addendum and couldn't believe everyone was telling me not to. Now, I totally understand it and advocate it myself. All a personal preference though.

km23

Bronze

Re: My chances of transferring... please help!

Post by km23 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:04 am

Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

apper123

Silver

Re: My chances of transferring... please help!

Post by apper123 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 am

km23 wrote:
stinger35 wrote:For what its worth, I am PT at a T2 and have already made it into the t14.

Hi Stinger,

I am doing my homework for next year...I am going to be a PT student at a T2 this Fall and was wondering which t14s/other toIp schools you made it to, and how many units you had to have. I jerri getting mixed answers of whether or not a PT student can apply to certain schools, especially schools in the top 14. Most websites say one must have a year of full-time study complete. I would appreciate it if you could let me know what schools say otherwise! I will have 22 units by the end of the school year and am planning on taking summer school courses, as well. Anyway, congrats![/quote]

You are doing yourself a disservice thinking about these things now. It serves no purpose other than to add extra pressure and distract you from succeeding at your current and likely permanent school.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”