#1 at T4 school Forum

A forum for those current students who are or may be transferring from one school to another. Post any questions, advice, or other transfer related comments here.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only available to the creator of each thread. The anonymous posting feature is intended to permit the solicitation of anonymous advice regarding the transfer application process, chances of being accepted, etc. Unacceptable uses include: testing the feature, questions which are clearly fake or hypothetical in nature, harassing other users, etc. Posters should also read and understand the announcements posted at the top of the Transfers forum prior to using the anonymous feature.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
AOI87

New

Re: #1 at T4 school

Post by AOI87 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 pm

My rank is MIA.

My prof was able to get my rank to write a letter of recommendation. I told her I hoped it was good.... she replied "it is!" Whatever that means.

This waiting thing is getting annoying. Furthermore, I go to eastern europe in a few days for a fellowship. I am nervous about the regular accessibility of internet to communicate with the law schools while in Europe.

How long does one have to accept or reject an offer of admission? 2 weeks? 2 days? If I tell them my situation, will they give me more time if my situation requires it?

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:20 pm

AOI87 wrote:My prof was able to get my rank to write a letter of recommendation. I told her I hoped it was good.... she replied "it is!" Whatever that means.
That's bizarre your prof has access to your rank and you don't. Just sayin'.

Stanford4Me

Platinum

Post by Stanford4Me » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 pm

Good luck! =)

AOI87

New

Post by AOI87 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:45 pm

I got my rank today and I was able to keep my #1 spot.

I've done all I can. Let's see what happens.

alexonfyre

Bronze

Post by alexonfyre » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:00 am

AOI87 wrote:My rank is MIA.

My prof was able to get my rank to write a letter of recommendation. I told her I hoped it was good.... she replied "it is!" Whatever that means.

This waiting thing is getting annoying. Furthermore, I go to eastern europe in a few days for a fellowship. I am nervous about the regular accessibility of internet to communicate with the law schools while in Europe.

How long does one have to accept or reject an offer of admission? 2 weeks? 2 days? If I tell them my situation, will they give me more time if my situation requires it?
Depends on where you are in eastern europe. Most places are within a few blocks of an internet cafe, if where you are staying doesn't have it. Worst case scenario, you can get a quad-band smart phone and get a data plan over there. If you just use it for email then it isn't too expensive. I would suggest blackberry, if you don't already, easy to turn off data features and if a gypsy steals it they are pretty cheap nowadays.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Transfers”