Denver 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
BWOD

New

Re: Denver 2013

Post by BWOD » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:10 pm

lawlec48 wrote:[
By admitted students website, r u referring to the facebook page or is it on the du webpage under admitted students?

I didnt notice a forum on the web page.
We had a forum on the DU webpage. This year they might just be having you guys chat it up on the Facebook site rather than maintain a site themselves.

We also set up a class of 2012 site on Facebook that also allowed people to meet up, and will also last for the next few years.

cassandrakirsch

New

Post by cassandrakirsch » Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:44 pm

Anyone have apartments they wouldn't recommend checking out? Anyone looked into the Ventana?

Is the commute from Sotuh Acoma street horrible?

Oh, so many questions before I get to Denver July 8th to find a new home!

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm

cassandrakirsch wrote:Anyone have apartments they wouldn't recommend checking out? Anyone looked into the Ventana?

Is the commute from Sotuh Acoma street horrible?

Oh, so many questions before I get to Denver July 8th to find a new home!
My wife and I looked at about 15 apartments and ended up choosing The Metro near downtown.

Based off of what I can remember, here is a run down of the places we visited and a 1 (Low) - 5 (High) rating

The District 4.5
Alexan City Ctr 4.5
The Station at Riverfront 4
The Apartments at Denver Place 3.5
Bridgwater 3.75
Ceilo 4.0
Commons Park West 4.0
City Lofts 3.5
Boston/Bank Lofts 3.5
Ceirra Crest 4.0
Preseido 4.0
Greenwood Plaza 4.5

For us the most important thing was having a nice place near the light rail. Closeness to DU was not a major issue because we were looking near the light rail, which generally most of these apartments were near. The price range varied pretty big between these places from 650-1450 starting for a studio/1BR.

If you have any questions on any of these places, I can try to give you some more information, but regarding Ventana, I do not believe my wife and I looked at those.

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:57 pm

regarding preparing or relaxing-- I just got back from a week of vacation, somewhere south of USA :wink:

i'd recommend relaxing. i feel rip roaring ready to hit the books now.

KidCharlemagne

New

Post by KidCharlemagne » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Bumping this from the second page :D

Less than a month before I head to Denver. Really, really excited. I'm going with your pre-1L strategy, JTX...playing a lot of golf, reading some books, hanging out with friends/family, and generally trying to relax before what will sure to be an intense fall semester.

p.s. I signed up for the Summer Preview from Aug. 2-6, so I'll try to give you guys a trip report when that rolls around.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BBeck42

New

Post by BBeck42 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:28 pm

So I just got my email from DU telling me that I have an official email account with them(which has been receiving email since the end of May). Somehow, this email just made me even more excited to start, and I feel like 'a real law student' now (spoken in best faux-Pinnochio style) ;) Class schedule and orientation information can't come soon enough.

I am preparing by doing nothing- I feel that I have already committed myself to a 50-70+hr/week schedule for the next nine months of the next 3 years to justify a little R&R with my wife and sons. BTW, if you are into Pixar movies, Toy Story 3 was awesome :)

JTX

Bronze

Post by JTX » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm

if no one ITT ever ventures off-topic, its going to be hard for me to decide if i like you. and also harder to guess who you are IRL come August.

in that spirit: Toy Story 3 or Shrek 4?

also, check this out: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/ap_ ... ale_fossil

wtf.

cassandrakirsch

New

Post by cassandrakirsch » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:59 pm

JTX wrote:if no one ITT ever ventures off-topic, its going to be hard for me to decide if i like you. and also harder to guess who you are IRL come August.

wtf.
Hands down,Toy Story 3! :D

Also, how can you not love the mini Totoro thrown into the background as a Hayao Miyazaki tribute? Well, I'm sure those of you unfamiliar with Miyazaki could be apathetic, but it's pretty nostalgic for me. In addition, bitter 80's toy basically running a toy internment camp? In my opinion, Toy Story 3 is a whole lot more interesting than a regurgitated It's Wonderful Life with ogres.

Anyways, next week I'll be in Denver to find a two bedroom. My limit is about $650-$700 dollars, so I'm kind of limited.

whiskey

New

Post by whiskey » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:01 pm

Toy Story 3!
I leave for the city of Denver in 13 days!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:44 pm

JTX wrote:if no one ITT ever ventures off-topic, its going to be hard for me to decide if i like you. and also harder to guess who you are IRL come August.

wtf.
I hope this doesn't make everyone disown me already, but I haven't seen either movie, but I did enjoy Toy Story and Toy Story 2 more than the Shrek films.

I will be in town the week of July 19th and ready to meet up and party with everyone prior to orientation. Hell, I'm even willing to throw a party at my place, or we can always pre-party there and then head out downtown.

whiskey

New

Post by whiskey » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:33 pm

I will be in town the week of July 19th and ready to meet up and party with everyone prior to orientation. Hell, I'm even willing to throw a party at my place, or we can always pre-party there and then head out downtown.[/quote]

i like your style. count me in for some pre orientation drinking!

Captain Muscles

New

Post by Captain Muscles » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Coming to Denver July 8th - 13th to find a place to live!

I will probably have some free time so maybe some of us can get together and have a couple of beers!

thinkinoutloud

New

Post by thinkinoutloud » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:16 pm

I just received my schedule...section 2.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

KidCharlemagne

New

Post by KidCharlemagne » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Got mine too.

I assume unit=section? I'm in 1, holler.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Do you guys have your professors yet? If so i can tell you if I have had them/what they were like.

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:36 pm

Matthies wrote:Do you guys have your professors yet? If so i can tell you if I have had them/what they were like.
In section 2, here are the courses and profs

Contracts: Viva R. Moffat

Torts: Catherine E. Smith

Lawyering Process:Suzanna K. Moran

Civ Pro: Katharine K. DuVivier

Even though it is just the schedule, I'm pretty excited... making things feel like they are really happening now!

whiskey

New

Post by whiskey » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:26 pm

Matthies wrote:Do you guys have your professors yet? If so i can tell you if I have had them/what they were like.
THis is what i have for section 1. where do you get the class schedule at?
Civil Procedure LAWS-4120-5 College of Law Beto Juarez

Criminal Law LAWS-4195-1 College of Law Rashmi Goel

Lawyering Process I LAWS-4385-16 College of Law

Torts LAWS-4610-2 College of Law Stephen Pepper

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Damn i have not ahd any of these profs. DuVivier has a good rep, students like her, as does Smith. but never had either of them. Beto Juarez was the old dean that's all i know about him. Never had Peeper, but I think he wrote the Torts book, or the hornbook or soemthing.

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:30 pm

whiskey wrote:
THis is what i have for section 1. where do you get the class schedule at?

Whiskey,

Just go to webcentral and click on the student tab. Select the link to the "schedule of classes". Enter in the Autumn term and you will be brought to the course search, but you do not need to fill that out, just scroll to the bottom and there will be a link for "schedule by date and time. That will show you your schedule by the week.

BBeck42

New

Post by BBeck42 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:09 pm

I am in unit 3. Professors and Classes are:
Civil Procedure with Lucy Marsh

Contracts with Celia Taylor

Criminal with Nancy Ehrenreich

And Lawyering Process, with no Prof info.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:43 pm

BBeck42 wrote:I am in unit 3. Professors and Classes are:

Talk to JTX for the low down on Marsh, some love her, some hate her. I did not have her. She also has her own breifing methoed you have to use in her class. Goolgle Marsh Case Breifing and you should find it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BBeck42

New

Post by BBeck42 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Matthies wrote:Talk to JTX for the low down on Marsh, some love her, some hate her. I did not have her. She also has her own breifing methoed you have to use in her class. Goolgle Marsh Case Breifing and you should find it.
BBeck42 wrote:I am in unit 3. Professors and Classes are:

Talk to JTX for the low down on Marsh, some love her, some hate her. I did not have her. She also has her own breifing methoed you have to use in her class. Goolgle Marsh Case Breifing and you should find it.
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Too bad it seems that I am not in anyone else's unit.

lawlec48

Bronze

Post by lawlec48 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 pm

BWOD and Matthies, I was reading over the orientation schedule and it had an optional item, the Peer Mentoring Program. Could you guys maybe shed a little more light on this program? Also, it mentions that if you haven't already signed up for a mentor to go to the Student Affairs Office. Is this something we should sign-up for prior to orientation, or is this something that will be done at the beginning of orientation, as the optional meeting is late Friday of the orientation.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:06 pm

lawlec48 wrote:BWOD and Matthies, I was reading over the orientation schedule and it had an optional item, the Peer Mentoring Program. Could you guys maybe shed a little more light on this program? Also, it mentions that if you haven't already signed up for a mentor to go to the Student Affairs Office. Is this something we should sign-up for prior to orientation, or is this something that will be done at the beginning of orientation, as the optional meeting is late Friday of the orientation.
Not sure, they did not do this when i was a 1-L, but an upperclassmen mentor who knows the school, teachers, has acess to outlines sounds like a freaking WIN to me. I would e-mail student affiras and say get me an entor ASAP before all the goodones are gone. Seriously, this seems like it would be very helpful.

km23

Bronze

Post by km23 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:56 pm

Last edited by km23 on Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”