Texas 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Re: Texas 2013

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am

smokyroom26 wrote:
Richie Tenenbaum wrote:Holy crap it's raining hard. Guess I will hold off on my bookstore visit.

Does anyone know how to set up your UT email? I went here: --LinkRemoved-- -- but all it does is lead me in circles without ever providing an opportunity to create anything.
Hmm. That's the link I used to set mine up and I didn't have any problems.
I got it figured out thanks to Catharsis and Random UT IT Guy.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:57 am

Finally finished moving in to my new place and once again have an internet connection!

Is anyone else in Green Society? Browsed through the previous pages and didn't see anyone but figured there might be a lurker or two.

I bought my books between Amazon and the Co-op. You can go to the Co-op website and look at what books you need, then use the ISBN numbers to check them on Half.com and Amazon. I then simply chose the cheapest option. Surprisingly that mainly meant the Co-op. If you go in, they have a little section down the center with all of the 1L books. I am kind of bummed I didn't get property or contracts though...

Is everyone still up for a baseball game? The next home game series is Saturday, Aug 21 to Tuesday, Aug 24 -including the two days of orientation.

philosoraptor

Silver

Post by philosoraptor » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:11 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:Is everyone still up for a baseball game? The next home game series is Saturday, Aug 21 to Tuesday, Aug 24 -including the two days of orientation.
Definitely up for baseball. The one thing I wanted to do during vacation but didn't was go see a Braves game, but this is a fine substitute.

In other news, I'll arrive in Austin tomorrow night and move in Saturday. Can't wait to meet/hang out with y'all!

The Sound Of Truth

New

Post by The Sound Of Truth » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:34 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:Finally finished moving in to my new place and once again have an internet connection!

Is anyone else in Green Society? Browsed through the previous pages and didn't see anyone but figured there might be a lurker or two.

I bought my books between Amazon and the Co-op. You can go to the Co-op website and look at what books you need, then use the ISBN numbers to check them on Half.com and Amazon. I then simply chose the cheapest option. Surprisingly that mainly meant the Co-op. If you go in, they have a little section down the center with all of the 1L books. I am kind of bummed I didn't get property or contracts though...

Is everyone still up for a baseball game? The next home game series is Saturday, Aug 21 to Tuesday, Aug 24 -including the two days of orientation.
I'm in the Green Society. Section 1 C

shanejamin

New

Post by shanejamin » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey guys, I move in tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up for a beer/dinner/more beer? The only correct answer is yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sternc

Bronze

Post by sternc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:39 pm

Are y'all buying your supplements before school starts or after? I am going to be buying Hornbooks, E&E's, and a few other random ones for my classes, which are Con Law I, Torts, and Crim Law I. Do y'all have any recommendations for which are the best for those classes? Should I wait and my professors might recommend certain ones? Let me know.

mirdamad

New

Post by mirdamad » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:15 pm

If anyone is looking for a 1 bedroom condo, please let me know. I recently got off a waitlist at another school that I will be attending, but had signed a lease for a condo as I was planning on attending UT. The condo is two levels with 1 bedroom and 1.5 baths. It is also about a ten minute walk away from the law school.

sternc

Bronze

Post by sternc » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Congrats Mirdamad, mind asking what wait-list?

mirdamad

New

Post by mirdamad » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:57 pm

Thank you, University of Michigan, but on the condition that I deferred until next year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Watto

New

Post by Watto » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:04 pm

shanejamin wrote:Hey guys, I move in tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up for a beer/dinner/more beer? The only correct answer is yes.

Moved in yesterday. No internet connect yet so sitting in a coffee shop up near red river across from the co-op. Definitely down to meet up for a beer or anything really, with anyone. Bored as all hell!

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:53 pm

shanejamin wrote:Hey guys, I move in tomorrow. Anyone want to meet up for a beer/dinner/more beer? The only correct answer is yes.
Watto wrote:Moved in yesterday. No internet connect yet so sitting in a coffee shop up near red river across from the co-op. Definitely down to meet up for a beer or anything really, with anyone. Bored as all hell!
Let's plan on lunch mon or tues. I found an awesome pizza place on Guadalooop. (Why do the locals all say Guadalupe like that?)

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:14 pm

soonergirl wrote:Let's plan on lunch mon or tues. I found an awesome pizza place on Guadalooop. (Why do the locals all say Guadalupe like that?)
I know, it's annoying. Although, while I still pronounce Guadalupe correctly, I've fallen into saying "Rio Grand" instead of Rio Grande. :| Also, there's a prominent South Austin street named Manchaca that's pronounced "Manchack". WTF?

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:16 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
soonergirl wrote:Let's plan on lunch mon or tues. I found an awesome pizza place on Guadalooop. (Why do the locals all say Guadalupe like that?)
I know, it's annoying. Although, while I still pronounce Guadalupe correctly, I've fallen into saying "Rio Grand" instead of Rio Grande. :| Also, there's a prominent South Austin street named Manchaca that's pronounced "Manchack". WTF?
The first time I heard someone say that street I thought they were saying ManShack. lol.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:17 pm

soonergirl wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:
The first time I heard someone say that street I thought they were saying ManShack. lol.
Hahaha

nukelaloosh

New

Post by nukelaloosh » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Texans change the pronunciation of most proper nouns that originate in another place or language.

If you say any of these words incorrectly, you will identify yourself as an outsider:

Bexar
Pedernales
Llano
Blanco
Refugio
Boerne
Marathon

and many,many more

Check out this website if you want to be educated:

http://www.texastripper.com/pronounce/

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:58 pm

I'm finally all moved in! Yay! I'm up for doing anything, it's just me and my dog right now, bored and alone. :(

Watto

New

Post by Watto » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:12 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:I'm finally all moved in! Yay! I'm up for doing anything, it's just me and my dog right now, bored and alone. :(

Hello! I'm not from around Austin originally so not sure what the heck there is to do besides 6th street, but I am open to any and all suggestions, including lunch tomorrow or Tuesday. If you (and/or anyone else) is up to do something tonight let me know-- I don't even have a dog to keep me occupied.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:I'm finally all moved in! Yay! I'm up for doing anything, it's just me and my dog right now, bored and alone. :(
Watto wrote:Hello! I'm not from around Austin originally so not sure what the heck there is to do besides 6th street, but I am open to any and all suggestions, including lunch tomorrow or Tuesday. If you (and/or anyone else) is up to do something tonight let me know-- I don't even have a dog to keep me occupied.
You guys want to meet at noon tomorrow at Conan's? It's on the west side of 29th and Guadalupe. Text me if you decide to do anything tonight! 516.0556.

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:11 pm

soonergirl wrote:
Watto wrote:Hello! I'm not from around Austin originally so not sure what the heck there is to do besides 6th street, but I am open to any and all suggestions, including lunch tomorrow or Tuesday. If you (and/or anyone else) is up to do something tonight let me know-- I don't even have a dog to keep me occupied.
You guys want to meet at noon tomorrow at Conan's? It's on the west side of 29th and Guadalupe. Text me if you decide to do anything tonight! 516.0556.
I can't do lunch tomorrow, but I could do anything after that! Feel free to send me a message to get my number and send me a text if you wanna do something! I ca

Watto

New

Post by Watto » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:26 pm

soonergirl wrote:
I'm supposed to be getting internet installed tomorrow at some point so can't leave the apartment until that happens-- can text you if it happens in time!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm

I can do anything after lunch tomorrow too!

Anyone up for a happy hour tomorrow or Tuesday? I'm starting to get nervous!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:07 pm

What time is happy hour around here? I'm only free until 6. :-/

Watto

New

Post by Watto » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:47 am

soonergirl wrote:What time is happy hour around here? I'm only free until 6. :-/

I see a lot starting at 4p. Maybe we should do lunch tomorrow since it seems not a lot of people are available for it today? Just got my ID card/using student center computers and am about to leave so won't be able to check internet until I get in my apt. later, but am up for happy hour tonight if enough people want to.

soonergirl

Bronze

Post by soonergirl » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:58 am

Watto wrote:
soonergirl wrote:What time is happy hour around here? I'm only free until 6. :-/

I see a lot starting at 4p. Maybe we should do lunch tomorrow since it seems not a lot of people are available for it today? .
yeah. sounds like lunch isn't going to work. Maybe happy hour tonight or tomorrow instead. Peary, Flooter...do you know a place?

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:52 pm

nukelaloosh wrote:Texans change the pronunciation of most proper nouns that originate in another place or language.

If you say any of these words incorrectly, you will identify yourself as an outsider:

Bexar
Pedernales
Llano
Blanco
Refugio
Boerne
Marathon

and many,many more

Check out this website if you want to be educated:

http://www.texastripper.com/pronounce/
Read that as "Texas Stripper" at first.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?