Florida State Class of 2013 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
mango26

Bronze

Re: Florida State Class of 2013

Post by mango26 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 pm

procrastinator wrote:Wow - I checked out comcast's prices today. I can't believe they want $60 a month for internet. That's twice what I've ever paid.
You should call them, cause when I called they offered me $30 a month, but it's only for the first 6 months, after that I think it's ~$50

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:19 pm

i have a question for any of you who are using Grad PLUS aid this semester....i just checked my account on blackboard, and it lists the amount of Grad PLUS that I have accepted, but above that there is a bullet that says 'PLUG Loan Status', and it says that my Grad PLUS is pending until they receive approval on my credit check from the Dept. of Edu....does anyone else still have this?
i might just be freaking out for no reason, but it scares me to be this close to school starting and my loan to still be pending approval. :/

JJWAL

New

Post by JJWAL » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:34 am

Last edited by JJWAL on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

mango26

Bronze

Post by mango26 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:41 am

JJWAL wrote:
mango26 wrote:i have a question for any of you who are using Grad PLUS aid this semester....i just checked my account on blackboard, and it lists the amount of Grad PLUS that I have accepted, but above that there is a bullet that says 'PLUG Loan Status', and it says that my Grad PLUS is pending until they receive approval on my credit check from the Dept. of Edu....does anyone else still have this?
i might just be freaking out for no reason, but it scares me to be this close to school starting and my loan to still be pending approval. :/
I do not have that bullet on my loan. I would not stress too much about it, but give the school a call to make sure you have all the right paperwork filed. Good luck.
thanks! i called and they said it all should be fine. i guess i was worrying for no reason.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:14 pm

mango26 wrote:
procrastinator wrote:Wow - I checked out comcast's prices today. I can't believe they want $60 a month for internet. That's twice what I've ever paid.
You should call them, cause when I called they offered me $30 a month, but it's only for the first 6 months, after that I think it's ~$50
I am paying 20 a month for 6 months, but I got cable too as part of a deal.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJWAL

New

Post by JJWAL » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Last edited by JJWAL on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

coque9

New

Post by coque9 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:53 am

i have a question for any current student who wants to answer... are there college of law intramural teams? or is it more of an assemble-your-own-team type deal? soccer, basketball, football, anything really.

actually, i guess a more relevant question is: will we even have time to play intramurals?

and, finally, do any people on here play pick up soccer? a couple friends of mine have told me they are pretty sure people play somewhere on campus, at the intramural fields i believe.

soaponarope

Bronze

Post by soaponarope » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:52 am

any1 enrolling @ Florida, FSU, UM, (any Florida law school) is in for a rocky ride.... right now, jobs are practically non-existent. A lot of unemployment, housing bubble burst is horrid, and the oil spill hasn't helped. Perhaps in the next three years that will change. I'm not trolling. I lived in Tallahassee for six years, interned at a decent law firm, completed my undergrad at FSU, worked in some resturants, etc... I'm well connected, however, have sinced move. Wishing all future Noles the best. ps, the women are amazing. a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

lawschoolstudent85

Bronze

Post by lawschoolstudent85 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:20 am

Last edited by lawschoolstudent85 on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:28 pm

lawschoolstudent85 wrote:
coque9 wrote:i have a question for any current student who wants to answer... are there college of law intramural teams? or is it more of an assemble-your-own-team type deal? soccer, basketball, football, anything really.

actually, i guess a more relevant question is: will we even have time to play intramurals?

and, finally, do any people on here play pick up soccer? a couple friends of mine have told me they are pretty sure people play somewhere on campus, at the intramural fields i believe.

I'm way out of soccer shape, but I'd love to get back into it again.

Ha Ha +1

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Anyone who is singed up for the one week orientation, heard anything yet? The acceptance email stated we should be receiving material soon.

Neko

New

Post by Neko » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:39 pm

I haven't heard anything about the optional orientation either, really excited however that we will receive our schedules next week.

scubasam5012

New

Post by scubasam5012 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:20 am

Hi everyone!
I haven't been a very active TLS member, but I am very excited to meet you all at orientation!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:36 am

Dallas4thewin wrote:Anyone who is singed up for the one week orientation, heard anything yet? The acceptance email stated we should be receiving material soon.
I received a small package today containing only a red pill and a blue pill.

ecantelmo

New

Post by ecantelmo » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:46 am

Hahaha, I think we're going to have a fun class! See you all in a couple weeks!

highdraws

New

Post by highdraws » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 pm

Dallas4thewin wrote:Anyone who is singed up for the one week orientation, heard anything yet? The acceptance email stated we should be receiving material soon.
I still haven't received anything either, and the curiousity is starting to get me.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:12 pm

Would anyone who is doing the one week optional orientation, being open for a little get together that Monday or Tuesday before it happens(and of course anyone else who is already moved up)? We could do another one too if everyone wanted to, for the real orientation.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

carman1880

New

Post by carman1880 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:44 pm

I am in for a get together that Monday or Tuesday. Also, any golfers up for a round or two before classes start?

procrastinator

Bronze

Post by procrastinator » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:22 pm

carman1880 wrote:I am in for a get together that Monday or Tuesday. Also, any golfers up for a round or two before classes start?
I'm interested in hitting the links but not sure I'll have time.

eros

New

Post by eros » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:15 pm

coque9 wrote:i have a question for any current student who wants to answer... are there college of law intramural teams? or is it more of an assemble-your-own-team type deal? soccer, basketball, football, anything really.

I'm about as good as your average american, but I love to play nonetheless and would definitely be down for some pickup games or even just to kick it around.

melyanair

New

Post by melyanair » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:33 pm

Dallas4thewin wrote:Would anyone who is doing the one week optional orientation, being open for a little get together that Monday or Tuesday before it happens(and of course anyone else who is already moved up)? We could do another one too if everyone wanted to, for the real orientation.

I'm doing the one week optional orientation, and have already moved up to Tally, would love to meet up before. Any suggestions when/where. Daytime works best for me, preferably.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Johngalt7385

New

Post by Johngalt7385 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:27 pm

Dallas4thewin wrote:Would anyone who is doing the one week optional orientation, being open for a little get together that Monday or Tuesday before it happens(and of course anyone else who is already moved up)? We could do another one too if everyone wanted to, for the real orientation.

I will be attending the optional one week orientation, and it would be great to meet up with everyone before it starts. I would say we should do something that Monday so we can go out and have fun without worrying about having to be up for class the next day. I went to undergrad at FSU, so I know a few places we could go depending on what we are looking to do (bar, restaurant, etc.). Anyone who is interested in meeting up can private message me and I'll facebook friend you.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Johngalt7385 wrote:

I will be attending the optional one week orientation, and it would be great to meet up with everyone before it starts. I would say we should do something that Monday so we can go out and have fun without worrying about having to be up for class the next day. I went to undergrad at FSU, so I know a few places we could go depending on what we are looking to do (bar, restaurant, etc.). Anyone who is interested in meeting up can private message me and I'll facebook friend you.
Last edited by Dallas4thewin on Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dallas4thewin

New

Post by Dallas4thewin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:19 pm

All right guys so pre-orientation, and orientation are right around the corner. I have been talking to a few other people, and we have a few ideas. Basically we are going to have two meet ups, the first being a low key one this upcoming Monday the 9th. We are having one this early so those of us who are doing the pre-orientation can get to know each other, and also those of you that are already moved up are more than invited. To follow this up we are planning another get together the Saturday before school starts the 21st. This one is more so for everyone, because I know allot of people wont be moving up until later. Monday we are looking to just get some food and a few drinks, and there is some talk about going to a few bars afterwards. Saturday we are looking to do a big BBQ at a fellow 1l's house, and there might be some other law students in attendance. This is getting really long lol sorry, but basically I am writing this to get a gauge of who all would interested in either Monday and Saturday or both. I am going to update this post with updated names, and we will be creating a Facebook event that I will send out to everyone who wants in with a complete break down of times, and place to meet. Ok I'm done lol.
Last edited by Dallas4thewin on Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tuyarp

Bronze

Post by Tuyarp » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Dallas4thewin wrote:All right guys so pre-orientation, and orientation are right around the corner. I have been talking to a few other people, and we have a few ideas. Basically we are going to have two meet ups, the first being a low key one this upcoming Monday the 9th. We are having one this early so those of us who are doing the pre-orientation can get to know each other, and also those of you that are already moved up are more than invited. To follow this up we are planning another get together the following Saturday (before school starts). This one is more so for everyone, because I know allot of people wont be moving up until mid week. Monday we are looking to just get some food and a few drinks, and there is some talk about going to a few bars afterwards. Saturday we are looking to do a big BBQ at a fellow 1l's house, and there might be some other law students in attendance. This is getting really long lol sorry, but basically I am writing this to get a gauge of who all would interested in either Monday and Saturday or both. I am going to update this post with updated names, and we will be creating a Facebook event that I will send out to everyone who wants in with a complete break down of times, and place to meet. Ok I'm done lol.
The 14th or the 21st? I'm a tad confused.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”