University of Arizona Class of 2013! Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2013)
Charles Barkley

Bronze

Re: University of Arizona Class of 2013!

Post by Charles Barkley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:04 pm

Vic wrote:Did any of you notice the rather large jump in estimated cost of attendance? Look at this: http://www.law.arizona.edu/admissions/costs.cfm vs. http://www.law.arizona.edu/Finaid/cost.cfm

Did they mention this at all during the preview days or send out other info about it? I wasn't aware of it until just yesterday when I was just browsing around the website. With the lower amount and scholarship $$ UA looked very promising for me. But with at least an extra $15,000 it's not looking as hot anymore (no pun intended).

Thoughts?
Damn. I did not see that..

fallguy

New

Post by fallguy » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Charles Barkley wrote:
Vic wrote:Did any of you notice the rather large jump in estimated cost of attendance? Look at this: http://www.law.arizona.edu/admissions/costs.cfm vs. http://www.law.arizona.edu/Finaid/cost.cfm

Did they mention this at all during the preview days or send out other info about it? I wasn't aware of it until just yesterday when I was just browsing around the website. With the lower amount and scholarship $$ UA looked very promising for me. But with at least an extra $15,000 it's not looking as hot anymore (no pun intended).

Thoughts?
Yeah, they kind of slipped that one in there.

Charles Barkley

Bronze

Post by Charles Barkley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:29 pm

fallguy wrote:
Charles Barkley wrote:

Thoughts?
Yeah, they kind of slipped that one in there.
Still won't really effect my decision. I might ask for a little extra money because I want UofA to be cheaper than my other option. It used to be, now it's just about the same.

Bobby Dazzler

New

Post by Bobby Dazzler » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:34 am

I spoke to Mr. Eden and he said that unfortunately their scholarship funds are dried out and that they are slightly over budget. He also went on to say that "things look very tight for us this year". Oh well it was worth trying to negotiate, I'm with you though Barkley as it won't really affect my decision. I just hope they don't cut quality too much or have any more tuition spikes like that while we're there.

Also ASU's jump in the rankings :roll:

sarahe1

New

Post by sarahe1 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 am

I could really use some help! I've been accepted, with scholarships, at U of A and at Lewis & Clark in Portland. Aside from difference in ranking, can anyone help shed some light on how well these schools are regarded on the West Coast and job placement success? I did my undergrad at U of A and would like to try somewhere new, but I'm not sure if it's worth it for a lower ranked and slightly more expensive school. They both have programs I am interested in... Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yellowcard

New

Post by Yellowcard » Sun May 02, 2010 10:59 pm

I don't know a lot about Lewis and Clark, but from what I know I think Lewis and Clark is the place to go between the two if you a) want to work in the NorthWest or b) want to do Environmental Law. Other than that, I think Arizona is a better option.

Yellowcard

New

Post by Yellowcard » Sun May 02, 2010 11:03 pm

Also, I just noticed the tuition hike that U of A is going through. It's nearly 40k a year in non-resident tuition. Can anyone make an argument that it's not worth it with a 10k/year scholarship? I'm just having a little buyers remorse I suppose.

sarahe1

New

Post by sarahe1 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:05 am

Well, on the upside: Cost of living in Tucson is incredibly cheap, and the lifestyle is wonderful: swimming, biking, hiking and margaritas in the sunshine under the spray of misters. not too shabby.
On the downside, it's difficult to achieve in-state tuition while attending school.
Can anyone comment on scholarships being increased after the first year (to those who do well, obviously) to entice people from transferring out?

Yellowcard

New

Post by Yellowcard » Tue May 04, 2010 12:55 am

This thread has gone awfully quiet...is anyone going to this school next semester?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:38 am

How is everyone's summer going? When is everyone headed to Tucson

cLams

Bronze

Post by cLams » Thu May 13, 2010 4:25 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:How is everyone's summer going? When is everyone headed to Tucson
Either July or August! I'm going to be out of town during the second half of July, but I wouldn't mind securing a July lease and moving down a little earlier. When are you planning on moving?

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Thu May 13, 2010 5:19 pm

cLams wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:How is everyone's summer going? When is everyone headed to Tucson
Either July or August! I'm going to be out of town during the second half of July, but I wouldn't mind securing a July lease and moving down a little earlier. When are you planning on moving?
I'm actually not applying til next year. I was just doing a little gunning. Haha. The thread was too dead for my tastes. Hopefully next year I'll be able to move in about mid july. (fingers crossed)

AMon2010

New

Post by AMon2010 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Finally withdrew from Ohio State today... so it looks like Arizona is my law school!

If anyone is looking is looking for a roommate in a place close to the law school PM me and we can talk! I'm looking forward to meeting all you guys.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2013 Forum”