Feedback on these firms Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
bombay

New

Feedback on these firms

Post by bombay » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:16 am

Hi everyone,

I'm at the LA office of a biglaw firm; in commercial lit; and don't mind the hours (having another, firm-specific issue, however). I was lucky to have a ton of hands-on experience (second-chairing my third trial in February, wrote a ton of major motions, was allowed to handle clients directly, ran the cases strategy and calendar, etc.), so it is very important for me to keep the momentum and do substantive work, and specially trial work.

I'm considering jumping firms and below options are on the table. Do you have any insight? (all LA offices)

Morgan Lewis
Pryor Cashman
BakerHostetler
Glaser Weil
Miller Barondess
Bird Marella
Reed Smith
Bernstein Litowitz
Kendall Brill
King & Spalding
Kirkland
Evin Cohen
Novian & Novian

Also, if you have any other recommendations, please let me know (regardless of whether the firm is currently hiring, I'm pretty good in friendly stalking until a position opens and also not in rush to leave my current firm). Again, the main criteria is to have substantive trial work and either the market biglaw pay or a lesser pay but with realistic large bonuses (e.g., contingency-based cases and corresponding bonuses).

Return to “Legal Employment”