Delaying Biglaw start date? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Delaying Biglaw start date?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:45 am

I am a rising 2L (class of 2020) looking at Biglaw. My brother stands a good chance at qualifying for the 2020 Olympics, which occur July 24-Aug 9. Would a firm ever let a new associate delay their start date or take time off right at the beginning for something like this? I would like to go and see him compete in person, but he is in the kind of event where he would not just compete once, I would go to Tokyo for a week or more within 2 months of starting at the firm.

hermionegranger6

New

Re: Delaying Biglaw start date?

Post by hermionegranger6 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:02 pm

You will likely be taking the bar exam at the end of July, 2020. In any regard, most biglaw firms don't start until mid-september at the earliest.

JHP

Bronze

Re: Delaying Biglaw start date?

Post by JHP » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:17 pm

Yeah, if biglaw, most start dates are, at earliest, September but more often around early to late October. If mid law, probably would start around September. Wouldn't worry about this.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”