Admin law judge vs state court externship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
ladysansastark

New

Admin law judge vs state court externship

Post by ladysansastark » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 am

MOD EDIT: removed at poster's request

Saltnpeppa1

New

Re: Admin law judge vs state court externship

Post by Saltnpeppa1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:09 pm

I think this depends on your career goals, but I would take the ALJ, especially if you want to go into that area of law. It may help you convince a specific practice group down the line to hire you (if that's what your interested in), whereas a superior court stint would be too general to peak the interest of a particular practice area.

anon sequitur

Silver

Re: Admin law judge vs state court externship

Post by anon sequitur » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:39 am

If you are looking to go into labor law, I'm sure the ALJ position would be good. Superior Court is a trial court where you are I am assuming? That's more general, and for 1L, I think that's good. Though honesty, the difference between these two on your resume will be pretty modest. They're both good but not spectacular things for a 1L summer. i'd choose whichever one you felt you might enjoy more, had a better personal connection to, easier commute, whatever.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”