DPW Associates Taking Q's Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: DPW Associates Taking Q's

Post by Anonymous User » Tue May 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Sun May 05, 2024 1:15 pm
What is the cost of your premium on DPW's HDHP plan as a single person or a family?
$736 per month for primary + spouse. OOP max is $3.5/person. In-network only plan.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 pm
For lit and getting slotted into WC/Civil/Antitrust (which I think happens fourth or fifth year right?). How does that work. Is it like super competitive? Is it something you basically prep for at the beginning of your second year and start specializing. Or, is it really a thing where you are a generalist junior up and until you get slotted? Apologize if my information on any of this is wrong I'm not a current associate, but will be in 2025.
You specialize beginning in your 4th year. It isn't that competitive. IP lit and antitrust are smaller than white collar and civil lit (which includes appellate work and bankruptcy lit) and there is more wiggle room between civil lit and white collar than you might think -- plenty of people who are slotted in one subgroup do work in the other subgroup.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu May 09, 2024 6:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 6:18 pm
For lit and getting slotted into WC/Civil/Antitrust (which I think happens fourth or fifth year right?). How does that work. Is it like super competitive? Is it something you basically prep for at the beginning of your second year and start specializing. Or, is it really a thing where you are a generalist junior up and until you get slotted? Apologize if my information on any of this is wrong I'm not a current associate, but will be in 2025.
You specialize beginning in your 4th year. It isn't that competitive. IP lit and antitrust are smaller than white collar and civil lit (which includes appellate work and bankruptcy lit) and there is more wiggle room between civil lit and white collar than you might think -- plenty of people who are slotted in one subgroup do work in the other subgroup.
How does clerkship credit play into this. If you come in as a third year because of two, do you only get one year to pick?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri May 10, 2024 11:00 am

Yes -- that is correct.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”