Compilation - OCI and Job Search Advice & Info Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Compilation - OCI and Job Search Advice & Info

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Was recruiting more difficult for those expressing a preference for lit at OCI? I was pretty much forced to say "leaning" lit at screeners even though the truth is I'm 50/50. But the attorney conducting the screener has to check one of the boxes on their evaluation sheet. I feel like I underperformed at OCI, but I batted 1000 on my callbacks so I don't think it's my interviewing.

My one regret is that I could've said corporate at screeners and ended up at a V10, but now there's a chance I end up doing corporate work at a weaker firm.

Anonymous User

Re: Compilation - OCI and Job Search Advice & Info

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:02 am

I have had 10 callbacks in the past three weeks and have received “only” one offer. My grades are not exceptional, and I am glad I received a biglaw offer, but I am worried about my success rate.

How long should I wait before I give up hope on the other 9?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”