Looking for roommate at UVA Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Sxhawnn

New

Looking for roommate at UVA

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:27 pm

Wussup guys,

Just visited UVA's admitted student day. Pretty much decided that I"m going to go but want a roommate to reduce monthly rent.

I want to rent a 2 bedroom at the Ivy.
http://www.ivygarden.com/apartments_2B.htm#

If your interested please send me a pm.

A little bit about myself.

I'm male/asian/22 and will pretty much get along with everyone. However, for obvious reasons I do not want a roommate who's unusually loud or ridiculously messy. I will not be bringing any pets or any excessive amount of stuff.

Trust me when I say that I'm not really a clean freak or anal about being tidy all the time. However I do have a system about keeping a dorm/college apt clean that I hope a fellow roomate will adopt. And that is to bring only one of everything. One plate, one knife, one spoon, one fork, one bowl. This way, dishes never pile up and your forced to do your own dishes before or after meals (This worked wonders living in a frat house with 7 other guys) However, I do keep 2 or 3 extra dining sets I.E(fork, spoon, knife, plate) stashed away in case guests come. (i'm not completely unrealistic)

I have no preference on race, be as colorful as you'd like.

AdmiralAckbar

New

Re: Looking for roommate at UVA

Post by AdmiralAckbar » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:31 pm

your one dish policy is pretty awesome.

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:35 pm

I know who i'll be living with if I end up going there. I like people who keep their shit tidy.

will u have a car?

Sxhawnn

New

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:37 pm

Yea i got a car so I won't be dependent on my roommate for rides and stuff.

Nike6075

New

Post by Nike6075 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:37 pm

jesus christ i hope to god this is flame.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iceberger

Bronze

Post by iceberger » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 pm

do you have any awesome furniture/entertainment centers we should be aware of?

legends159

Silver

Post by legends159 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Sxhawnn wrote:Yea i got a car so I won't be dependent on my roommate for rides and stuff.
well i was hoping to be dependent on you for rides and stuff :mrgreen: and splitting gas

Sxhawnn

New

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:43 pm

Nike6075 wrote:jesus christ i hope to god this is flame.
LOL why do you hope this a flame? I am honestly looking for a roommate at UVA. Should I be posting this somewhere else?

I know its barely april but its better to be prepared. I sure as hell don't want to end up driving 10-15 minutes to get to school because the complex right next to the law school is filled up.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Sxhawnn wrote:
LOL why do you hope this a flame? I am honestly looking for a roommate at UVA. Should I be posting this somewhere else?

I know its barely april but its better to be prepared. I sure as hell don't want to end up driving 10-15 minutes to get to school because the complex right next to the law school is filled up.
I'm pretty sure he thinks it is a flame due to the 1 plate/1 fork/1 spoon policy . . .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Da Stain

Bronze

Post by Da Stain » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 pm

J-Rod wrote:
Sxhawnn wrote:

I'm pretty sure he thinks it is a flame due to the 1 plate/1 fork/1 spoon policy . . .
I'm pretty sure I also hope this is a flame.

Sxhawnn

New

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:55 pm

okai bump and its not a flame.

Its not as ridiculous as it sounds guys. I'm not gonna make my room mate do the same, its a suggestion that has always worked well for me in the past. But I'm thinking its a plus for whoever decides to room with me. Imagine a kitchen sink that is never dirty due to your room mate (me).

Seriously

email me at shawnnyang@gmail.com I want to do an online application before the ivy gets filled and i actually have to drive to law school.

Oh yea if anyone cares about hobbies I like to play video games to unwind and I'm extremely into cars. I have an evo that can do a quarter mile in like 11.6 seconds. So if we have to be anywhere, we'll get there the fastest.

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:41 pm

Sxhawnn wrote:okai bump and its not a flame.

Its not as ridiculous as it sounds guys. I'm not gonna make my room mate do the same, its a suggestion that has always worked well for me in the past. But I'm thinking its a plus for whoever decides to room with me. Imagine a kitchen sink that is never dirty due to your room mate (me).

Seriously

email me at shawnnyang@gmail.com I want to do an online application before the ivy gets filled and i actually have to drive to law school.

Oh yea if anyone cares about hobbies I like to play video games to unwind and I'm extremely into cars. I have an evo that can do a quarter mile in like 11.6 seconds. So if we have to be anywhere, we'll get there the fastest.
Anyone can drive a fast car in a straight line . . . but to get places you have to take corners . . . so I'm fairly certain my supercharged s2000 will get their first

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:44 pm

wow... you UVA 1Ls are pretty welcoming

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sxhawnn

New

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:49 pm

J-Rod wrote:

Seriously

Anyone can drive a fast car in a straight line . . . but to get places you have to take corners . . . so I'm fairly certain my supercharged s2000 will get their first
LOL this is not the place to debate this but if you do got to UVA with your supercharged s2000,we can take it to the track :D I love s2000s by the way. It I wasn't 6 feet and north of 200 lbs, I might actually be driving one.

jigga-hjalmar

New

Post by jigga-hjalmar » Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:55 pm

I can't think of a less appealing roommate than a huge tuner-loving asian dude who's anal about the amount of stuff or number of dishes I bring.

Let me guess, you have a schedule for when each roommate can watch the television too, right?

kjunfood

New

Post by kjunfood » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Seriously

man if i were going to UVA, id room w/ you. and the 1 plate/1 spoon/etc. policy works great -- in fact, my roommates use it now (but out of necessity)...one of our roommates NEVER washes his stuff so we've been reduced to hiding plates, spoons, etc. so that he will be forced to not clog up the sink. i could see why that policy would be helpful.

Sxhawnn

New

Post by Sxhawnn » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:05 pm

"I can't think of a less appealing roommate than a huge tuner-loving asian dude who's anal about the amount of stuff or number of dishes I bring.

Let me guess, you have a schedule for when each roommate can watch the television too, right?"

sigh......

how would my hobby effect you? If you don't like cars then so what? I won't nag you with rants about my car and i'm not gonna adorn the room with fast and furious posters or vin diesel fatheads or make you read Jtuned in the bathroom. And I'm certainly not gonna talk to about geometry and why I didn't go to med school because I happen to be asian.

Like I said, the one set of utensils is something I do to make sure I'm clean. You don't have to do it. And if you don't give a crap about how much stuff a roommate brings then you certainly haven't had a bad roommate. In which case I'm happy for you but trust me, one messy ass roommate is enough for one lifetime and you certainly don't want to encounter that type of person when your trying to put your mind to law school.
Last edited by Sxhawnn on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kjunfood

New

Post by kjunfood » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:07 pm

jigga-hjalmar wrote:I can't think of a less appealing roommate than a huge tuner-loving asian dude who's anal about the amount of stuff or number of dishes I bring.

Let me guess, you have a schedule for when each roommate can watch the television too, right?
i can...

J-Rod

Silver

Post by J-Rod » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:14 pm

kjunfood wrote:
jigga-hjalmar wrote:I can't think of a less appealing roommate than a huge tuner-loving asian dude who's anal about the amount of stuff or number of dishes I bring.

i can...

touche'

and I'm 6'1, but not north of 200 lbs, so it fits me like a glove . . . PM me the details on your Evo

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”