NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
zonkadonk

New

Re: NOTRE DAME CLASS OF 2012

Post by zonkadonk » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:44 pm

z
Last edited by zonkadonk on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eponinee

New

Post by Eponinee » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:06 pm

Am i the only one who'll be wearing the tags as earrings?

savetheturtles

New

Post by savetheturtles » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:20 pm

Does anyone know the process for getting more loan money? I just got my statement and I think I under-borrowed. Am I supposed to go through the school or my lender?

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:33 am

savetheturtles wrote:Does anyone know the process for getting more loan money? I just got my statement and I think I under-borrowed. Am I supposed to go through the school or my lender?
As long as you haven't already borrowed the up to the max cost of attendance you should go through your lender.

fanfavourite

New

Post by fanfavourite » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:48 am

malagueno wrote:
savetheturtles wrote:Does anyone know the process for getting more loan money? I just got my statement and I think I under-borrowed. Am I supposed to go through the school or my lender?
As long as you haven't already borrowed the up to the max cost of attendance you should go through your lender.
Whoa there, not so fast! Notre Dame does not automatically include the Grad PLUS loan in their award. My hunch is that you didn't apply for it to make up the difference. The way you do that is from Notre Dame's financial aid website. If you go through your lender I don't think it will be the federally guaranteed loan (and responding low rate). If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm sure the financial aid office can point you in the right direction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:17 pm

fanfavourite wrote:
malagueno wrote:
Whoa there, not so fast! Notre Dame does not automatically include the Grad PLUS loan in their award. My hunch is that you didn't apply for it to make up the difference. The way you do that is from Notre Dame's financial aid website. If you go through your lender I don't think it will be the federally guaranteed loan (and responding low rate). If you don't know what I'm talking about I'm sure the financial aid office can point you in the right direction.
Not entirely true. I applied for the Grad PLUS loan through the lender's website. By their very nature Grad PLUS loans are guaranteed by the federal government. There is a possibility of applying for private loans instead of Grad PLUS loans, but you would know that when you apply as they are very different loans.

savetheturtles

New

Post by savetheturtles » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:59 pm

Thanks, lender it is. I had already applied for the GradPLUS loan, but I just didn't borrow enough. Apparently I have to do another loan if I want more and I can't borrow extra just for the first semester.

amathey

New

Post by amathey » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:03 pm

this may be a silly question but when i applied for my stafford loan the application never asked for the amount i wished to borrow. does the lender contact the school about this, and then the school forwards them the amount? (i accepted the amount the school stated in their award decision)

sorry, new to this whole financial aid process...

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:40 pm

amathey wrote:this may be a silly question but when i applied for my stafford loan the application never asked for the amount i wished to borrow. does the lender contact the school about this, and then the school forwards them the amount? (i accepted the amount the school stated in their award decision)

sorry, new to this whole financial aid process...
Yes. If you accepted the full amount on the form the school sent you that is the amount that will be awarded.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:51 pm

Class schedules are up on Inside ND!

I've got Bellia, Bauer, and Smith. Don't know exactly what that means except that I've heard good things about Belia. Things are finally starting to seem real!

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:00 pm

malagueno wrote:Class schedules are up on Inside ND!

I've got Bellia, Bauer, and Smith. Don't know exactly what that means except that I've heard good things about Belia. Things are finally starting to seem real!
Mine aren't.

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:33 pm

gogators wrote:
malagueno wrote:Class schedules are up on Inside ND!

Mine aren't.
Other people have told me theirs aren't either. My "detailed" schedule says I was registered today so maybe they just didn't get to everyone? There's no way I'm the only one though...right? Come on people!

Cal4future

New

Post by Cal4future » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:12 am

Last edited by Cal4future on Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Eponinee

New

Post by Eponinee » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:53 am

Mine is not up either. :(

zonkadonk

New

Post by zonkadonk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:36 pm

does anyone else not have their legal writing class on their schedule? I mean, I'm not complaining about only taking 12 credits, but I think something might be up

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 am

I finally drove over to the campus this past weekend (I live only 20 miles away) and snuck into the law school. Man, are you guys lucky!!! That mock courtroom is so gorgeous it brought tears to my eyes! I also saw a few lecture halls that were open and the "common area" with that beautiful atrium. I am so envious. I can only hope to be admitted when I apply in two years.

Good luck to all of you starting in the Fall!

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:30 pm

zonkadonk wrote:does anyone else not have their legal writing class on their schedule? I mean, I'm not complaining about only taking 12 credits, but I think something might be up
I've heard that the Legal Writing and Legal Research classes are assigned separately.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Just dropped Notre Dame officially, sad to have to call Melissa, but good luck to the rest of you!

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:15 pm

Off of the WL today! I'll be seeing you all in South Bend!

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:31 pm

jaudette wrote:Off of the WL today! I'll be seeing you all in South Bend!
Congrats jaudette ... this is fantastic! :D

malagueno

New

Post by malagueno » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Congrats, jaudette! Now, is it just me or does it seem like you may owe gogators a beer? :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 pm

It could be, although I think his spot is still available. They called me yesterday asking me if I was still interested in attending, and If gators didn't withdraw until today that means there's another spot.

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:49 pm

malagueno wrote:
Congrats, jaudette! Now, is it just me or does it seem like you may owe gogators a beer? :D
You can mail it to me :lol:

gogators

Bronze

Post by gogators » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:51 pm

jaudette wrote:It could be, although I think his spot is still available. They called me yesterday asking me if I was still interested in attending, and If gators didn't withdraw until today that means there's another spot.
They might have called you because they called me yesterday when they learned I deposited at another school and asked what my final decision was. Melissa gave me until Friday but i decided for sure today so I'm guessing your spot might be my old one.

jaudette

New

Post by jaudette » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:24 pm

Yes well that almost definitely is it. Did you get your class schedule at ND yet? Because it probably will be mine now. I'd appreciate it if you shared.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”