What happens if ls admissions become just gpa based? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lawschoolsplit2023

New

What happens if ls admissions become just gpa based?

Post by lawschoolsplit2023 » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:48 am

There has been ample talk since 2022 with having law schools consider standardized tests being not requisite, which was to take place in 2025. It appears in 2023 this didn’t pass and appears either a standardized test lsat or gre will still be required in 2025, though am not sure as haven’t seen anymore recent updates.

If however when I apply fall 2025, and admissions are just gpa based I feel I am screwed with the sub lsac 3.0 gpa since I need a 175 plus lsat to counteract it.

If it becomes gpa based, but applicants can still take the lsat though it will be deemed optional, what could then happen to a 3.0/175+? Before, they could break top 20 , but without lsat requirement could they still break 50 or hopefully not get denied everywhere?

nixy

Gold

Re: What happens if ls admissions become just gpa based?

Post by nixy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:05 pm

No one knows.

I'm pretty sure they'd still get in somewhere, but there's no way to know where until this happens (if it does) and we get some data.

Respectfully, you've asked variations on this question a zillion times in the last year or so. You're not going to get any kind of assurance about it. If you want to go to law school, you're just going to have to apply and shoot your shot. If it's a question of where to apply, hit up a wide range of schools, and apply for application fee waivers if cost is an issue.

If you're only willing to apply if you know what the outcome will be, that seems like a kind of restrictive approach to life. There's no penalty for applying and not getting in. You might as well try and see what happens.

Lifesonalex

New

Re: What happens if ls admissions become just gpa based?

Post by Lifesonalex » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:18 am

If history is any guide, some elite colleges dropped the SAT requirement and just reinstated it

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”