Will I get more money the earlier I apply?? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
srg1027

New

Will I get more money the earlier I apply??

Post by srg1027 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Hi all,

I have applied to four schools for Fall 2019 (Cardozo-25k a year, Brooklyn Law-53k a year, St. Johns and Forham which I havent hear back yet) and am interested in attending this year, however I applied mid February and was told by a friend I coud potentially get more money if I wait till next cycle and apply early. I do not know if I should take the LSAT again (162, 160, 160 are my scores) as I have taken 3 times already. Any advice would be much appreicated. Also, I do not know if I want big law or not but I think having the option of getting Big Law out of your school is important, and I have friends who have gotten big law out of cardozo and fordham but they were nearly at the top of their class.

QContinuum

Re: Will I get more money the earlier I apply??

Post by QContinuum » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:44 pm

srg1027 wrote:Hi all,

I have applied to four schools for Fall 2019 (Cardozo-25k a year, Brooklyn Law-53k a year, St. Johns and Forham which I havent hear back yet) and am interested in attending this year, however I applied mid February and was told by a friend I coud potentially get more money if I wait till next cycle and apply early.
That is likely to be true. Mid-February is extremely late to apply.
srg1027 wrote:I do not know if I should take the LSAT again (162, 160, 160 are my scores) as I have taken 3 times already. Any advice would be much appreicated. Also, I do not know if I want big law or not but I think having the option of getting Big Law out of your school is important, and I have friends who have gotten big law out of cardozo and fordham but they were nearly at the top of their class.
If you want "the option of getting Big Law," realistically you need to attend a T13 or at the least a T20. You cannot count on getting BigLaw out of Fordham, let alone Cardozo. Both are fine schools, but the average student at either is not going to come anywhere close to landing BigLaw.

There's nothing wrong with taking the LSAT a fourth time (or even a fifth time). You have nothing to lose, as schools only look at your highest LSAT score.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”