NYU Root & University of Washington Gates Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
hokeypokey123

New

NYU Root & University of Washington Gates

Post by hokeypokey123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:52 pm

Anyone know if you can apply to both the NYU Root and Gates at University of Washington? This year, the Root interviews will be held on April 7/8. The dates for the Gates interviews this year aren't up yet, but last year were on April 6/7th, making me think they may be the 7/8th weekend this year. On the chance that someone applied to & was selected as a finalist for both, it seems to me they would have to turn down one interview.... Has anyone else considered applying to both, and run into this difficulty? Or does anyone know something I don't, about whether it's possible to be a finalist for both? Do people who applied for these schollys in previous years have any info? Thank you!!!

mcmand

Silver

Re: NYU Root & University of Washington Gates

Post by mcmand » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Are you asking because you don't want to bother with both applications if you know the interviews will conflict and you'd have to pick one? It seems like you're always better off applying to both because your odds of getting interviewed for both are not high (without knowing more about you) and you want to maximize your chances of getting a big scholarship regardless. Also, if you get offered interviews for both, they might figure out a way to let you do both in the same weekend if they really want you. (But it would suck to fly cross country on a red-eye to do it.)

I think more efficient way to find an answer is to just email the folks at the Gates Scholarship program and ask. Use some kind of burner email account if you're worried about them remembering it's you when they consider your application. https://www.law.washington.edu/gatessch ... ntact.aspx

You could also make a phone call during business hours and use a phone that isn't your personal cell.
Last edited by mcmand on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hokeypokey123

New

Re: NYU Root & University of Washington Gates

Post by hokeypokey123 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Thank you!!!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”