Gap Year Options? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
GODstaps GODzingis

New

Gap Year Options?

Post by GODstaps GODzingis » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:52 am

Current senior undergrad studying for the LSAT in December. I don't plan on actually applying for law school until next cycle or maybe even the one after that. I am currently weighing options on how to spend those 1 or 2 years. I am in the middle of recruiting for consulting jobs but that has not been going that well. Had some final rounds and am waiting to hear back still but there's definitely a chance I don't get an offer there or only get a shitty one. I figured consulting would be a good way to spend a couple years pre law school but I may have to look at other gap year options.

Some other options I'm weighing are scientific research (I'm actually a chemistry major but I definitely don't want to stay in that line of work), legal assistant positions, TFA (super competitive to get though), or maybe Peace Corps. Also if I do very well on the December LSAT (like 172+) I may try to apply K-JD (GPA is 3.55 for reference). How do these options compare in effect on admissions/trying to get SA positions once I'm in law school?

cavalier1138

Re: Gap Year Options?

Post by cavalier1138 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:32 am

Any work experience is good experience. The only reason to favor one of these (the scientific research one) is if you have an interest in patent work.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”