Personal Statement Ideas Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
Anonymous User

Personal Statement Ideas

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:42 pm

Hi,

I am an undergraduate taking the LSATs in November and will start applying for Law School pretty soon.
Was branching out to see what people here think my Personal Statement should be?
Does it have to be related to Law? What should it have and Shouldn't have?

Im open to many ideas.

cavalier1138

Re: Personal Statement Ideas

Post by cavalier1138 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:45 am

It doesn't have to be related to law. And the only rule is that it should tell the reader something they couldn't find out from reading the rest of your application.

k.x05

New

Post by k.x05 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:34 am

If it’s not related to law can it be something that personally happened, or like an obstacle?
I read majority of personal statements here and they are kind of related to law, it all ties back to that.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:17 pm

k.x05 wrote:If it’s not related to law can it be something that personally happened, or like an obstacle?
I read majority of personal statements here and they are kind of related to law, it all ties back to that.
Yes. It can be about literally anything.

A lot of people do a "Why Law?" section because they think they need to. It may be a wise idea to have one if your resume doesn't already indicate that law school is a natural next step for you. But in general, you don't need to use the PS to justify your decision to attend law school; that's not its purpose.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”