Addendum - Please help! Forum

(Personal Statement Examples, Advice, Critique, . . . )
chaudhry

New

Addendum - Please help!

Post by chaudhry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:52 am

I am not sure if I need to specify that I was working up to 35hours a week? I'm sure I need to make it shorter, but no idea what to cut down... Please help!
Thanks
---------------------

The purpose of this addendum is to address my undergraduate GPA. As recent immigrants, my family was facing many financial hardships and was unable to sponsor my undergraduate education. My mother was often unemployed due to sickness. Therefore I worked multiple jobs in college to support myself and my mother as much as possible. Due to my mother’s health, I worked close to my hometown on weekends so that I could look after her while working for a family friend’s store which offered a flexible schedule. In addition to my weekend job and tutoring position, I also worked many odd jobs in Boston. I spent considerable amount of time working and commuting during college and this affected my undergraduate academic performance. However, I persistently remained focused on my education and successfully completed an extremely difficult major in Aerospace Engineering and made Dean’s List by senior year. Additionally, I tried to obtain a well-rounded academic experience by participating in extra-curricular activities and acquiring a minor in Art History. My hardships also presented me with a unique opportunity to gain leadership experience and meet a diverse group of people. I firmly believe that these challenges have not only prepared me to face any adversities in future, but have also provided me with a strong sense of commitment towards a successful career.

Rowinguy2009

Bronze

Re: Addendum - Please help!

Post by Rowinguy2009 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:04 am

I'm by no means an expert on things like this, but I would think that you should put in something about how law school is going to be different? Is your mother healthier now? Does she have someone supporting her? I could be COMPLETELY off base with this, but I would think that you need to specifically say why law school will be different.

Otherwise, how do they know that your performance in law school won't be subpar?

autarkh

Bronze

Post by autarkh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:05 am

Check your pm.

chaudhry

New

Post by chaudhry » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:44 am

That is a good point Rowinguy2009, I will try to address that. Thanks!

autarkh, thank you sooo much for the help! I love it!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Personal Statements”