Chance me 3.5 164 AA F Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
Lawschool24

New

Chance me 3.5 164 AA F

Post by Lawschool24 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 pm

Hi all,

Frequent lurker, first time poster, looking for some advice.

3.5, 164 on the September lsat (my second attempt). Was scoring at 165-167 with a 169 outlier on PT 86 I believe. The infamous flower game I went -6 when I usually go -0, -1, which really cost me. A little disappointed with my score.

I’ve applied to about half of the t14 and some t25 with my 164 (mid October). Will apply to some t50 in hopes of substantial money.

Harvard
Stanford
NYU
Columbia
UPenn
USC
UCLA
Berkeley
Fordham
Chicago
Northwestern
Georgetown

I’m feeling pretty insecure about my chances, even with the urm boost. I am registered for the October and November lsat.

Should I definitely retake? If so, should I skip the October and only sit for November? I haven’t studied since the September lsat ( 3 weeks?) but took PT 88 today and got a 166. I was leaning towards October to get my new score to schools in November but if I don’t improve or score worse .. that puts me in a position to sit for November, and I think 4 takes is a bit much and might even reflect poorly.

Would a third take 166 make a substantial difference? I should add I’m trying to keep debt under 100k.. So if a 166 could possibly get me more $ that is just as appealing.

Could you also chance me with my 164 at the listed schools?

Ok I’m done ranting. If you got through this poorly written mess thank you! I look forward to hearing from you guys! Any advice is appreciated.
Last edited by tlsadmin3 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User's request

64Fl

New

Re: Chance me 3.5 164 AA F

Post by 64Fl » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Your chances at less than $100k debt at any of those schools is not good (maybe USC?). Why are you registering for the LSAT when you are not PTing much/any higher than you actually scored? Get your PTs in the 170-173 range and then schedule a retake. That way, if you have a bad day it's like "oh well, I got a 168." Having a score increase will always help, but why take the LSAT any more times than you need to? Take it when you're ready.

LawTweet

Bronze

Post by LawTweet » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:25 pm

It's certainly possible that you'll have good outcomes with your current stats, so I would advocate applying now and seeing what happens. I know someone with very similar stats (and softs) for that matter who got several full-tuition scholarships to T-14s. I vote you:
a) Apply to all T-14s to your boost scholarship negotiation position;
b) Apply this cycle; AND
C) Look at your options. If you don't have any options that are a top 25 school with <$100k debt, then reapply next cycle with a higher LSAT score.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:21 am

You should snag some t-14's as an AA applicant. A 166 may help but may not make a ton of difference at these schools. What you really want is to hit one of the two medians so if you hit the LSAT median, being an AA applicant is likely to get you close to a full ride. Even with a 164 you should be accepted into a lot of these schools.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”