Chance Me! 167 3.84 GPA AA Female - Rural Northern Idaho Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
ekwiatkowski208

New

Chance Me! 167 3.84 GPA AA Female - Rural Northern Idaho

Post by ekwiatkowski208 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:03 pm

Please chance me for Columbia specifically and T14 in general. Wondering if I should ED @ Columbia?

167 LSAT and 3.84 GPA. AA female from rural Northern Idaho, adopted at birth. Work experience throughout college and internship for Girls Empowerment Non-Profit, Head Coach of middle school volleyball team, internships on Capitol Hill as well as Irish Parliament. Aiming for International Law. I have very strong LOR, PS and DS. I think my narrative is very strong throughout my application, but nervous about my LSAT score holding me back. Want to apply ASAP and not retake.

Chance me please! Thank you so much!!

albanach

Gold

Re: Chance Me! 167 3.84 GPA AA Female - Rural Northern Idaho

Post by albanach » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:24 pm

ekwiatkowski208 wrote:Please chance me for Columbia specifically and T14 in general. Wondering if I should ED @ Columbia?

167 LSAT and 3.84 GPA. AA female from rural Northern Idaho, adopted at birth. Work experience throughout college and internship for Girls Empowerment Non-Profit, Head Coach of middle school volleyball team, internships on Capitol Hill as well as Irish Parliament. Aiming for International Law. I have very strong LOR, PS and DS. I think my narrative is very strong throughout my application, but nervous about my LSAT score holding me back. Want to apply ASAP and not retake.

Chance me please! Thank you so much!!
The trouble is there's little data, so to score you for Columbia specifically is nigh on impossible. You probably (or should) already know that you have a great shot at a number of T-13 acceptances.

If, by international law, you mean you want a unicorn job at the United Nations, I'd recommend retaking to try and get more competitive for H and maybe Y. But who knows, one of those might bite on your existing numbers. Not that you can't get there from Columbia or elsewhere, but it'll be easier (though still difficult) from the likes of Harvard and if you're not already in their ballpark, it's not a great leap to get there.

If you mean you want a BigLaw job with an international bent, you can probably get there from any of the T-13. Apply broadly and look to see who throws money in your direction. If you're not seeing as much scholarship $$$$ as you would like, retake and try to get those extra points.

LBJ's Hair

Silver

Re: Chance Me! 167 3.84 GPA AA Female - Rural Northern Idaho

Post by LBJ's Hair » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Would never ED unless you've taken the LSAT like 5 times and are at risk of striking out at T14 entirely. That's not you; you're in the running across the entire T10. Could get lucky and hit on Y if they love your statement.

Might retake if you think you can boost the score, but if you don't think that's in the cards, you should hit on multiple T6s with decent aid. Congrats.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”