AA Male 3.79 GPA no LSAT Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
dothedew2020

New

AA Male 3.79 GPA no LSAT

Post by dothedew2020 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:54 pm

Hey all! I'm new to the forum and I'm currently prepping for the October LSAT (PTing 160-162). I wanted to see what kind of scores would make me a successful applicant at a T10 school. I have really nice softs and recommenders I can rely on (used them for a couple of awards I've received). Thanks for any and all help!

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Re: AA Male 3.79 GPA no LSAT

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:59 pm

I'd focus on doing as well as possible. The moment you start thinking "I'm a URM so I only need this score" or "am only expected to get this score" is the moment that the URM boost starts working against you. Studies on standardized testing have shown that people that think they are from a demographic that performs better generally tend to score better than those who think they are not from such a demographic regardless of whether that belief is statistically accurate. You already have a better score than most of the population, white or black so anything you may have read about LSAT performance is no longer applicable to you. Focus on breaking a 170 and then worry about the URM boost. Don't rely on it as an excuse to not push yourself to the max.

soca_dancer

Bronze

Post by soca_dancer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:49 pm

If you just want to get in you need a 160, you can have a lot of nice options. If you want money, you need above a 162. If you want law school paid for 165 or above.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:19 pm

Don't think like the above. Your options if you break a 170 will be much better. Push for that score. With a 162 you may get in, but you're still below both medians for most of the t-14. If you hit an LSAT median, you'll almost definitely get a full/next to a full ride.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”