AA Female, 3.55 GPA/165 LSAT Chances at T14? Forum

Share experiences and seek insight regarding your experience as an underrepresented minority within the legal community.
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are sharing sensitive information about bar exam prep. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned."
willity

New

AA Female, 3.55 GPA/165 LSAT Chances at T14?

Post by willity » Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:21 am

AA Female from state school looking to apply during 2019-2020 cycle at T14 and some other schools,

Using lsac gpa calculator, gpa should be about 3.55-3.60
Taking lsat in July, have been scoring between 164-167 on practice tests, most frequent have been averaging 165

Softs:
Graduating undergrad in 3 years with major&minor
Two major volunteer organizations
Full time job in health care during last year of college
Student govt position
Two internships

Chances at the following?
Cornell
NYU
Columbia
Fordham
Villanova
Brooklyn
Cardozo
Northwestern
H/Y if I even have a chance

uncle_rico

New

Re: AA Female, 3.55 GPA/165 LSAT Chances at T14?

Post by uncle_rico » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Honestly you'll have a great shot throughout the T14 including receiving some scholarships at the lower T14. I'd personally say that you also have a shot at Harvard but probably not at Yale. Obviously this is all contingent on your LSAT, so your odds can go up or down across the board. If you happen to get a 165, or certainly anything higher, I wouldn't even be looking outside of T14 outside of specific personal reasons along with full or almost full scholarships.

Also, apply to SEO Law Fellowship since you probably have a good shot, and the program is considered prestigious enough that I know people who got off the waitlist at schools (including Harvard) when they sent a letter of continued interest which included their admittance to the program. Anecdotally, I know at least one female AA URM who was admitted off the waitlist like this with at least a lower LSAT.

soca_dancer

Bronze

Re: AA Female, 3.55 GPA/165 LSAT Chances at T14?

Post by soca_dancer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:46 pm

Apply broadly and with comfort. Harvard is def an option, Yale maybe not.

I second the SEO program.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Underrepresented Law Students”