Sitting, Waiting, Wishing... Forum

babs22pa

New

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

Post by babs22pa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:51 pm

My life has officially come to a halt waiting on decisions. Even after the shock of getting into one of my top choices, I still can't seem to concentrate on anything but refreshing my status checkers, email and posting on this forum.

My stats: 171/3.75 from Bryn Mawr College, Philosophy major, 1 year WE as paralegal, 4 years WE for nonprofit artistic/educational program for teenagers. Born in Germany, dual-citizen, fluent. Daughter of artists.

Applied to schools between 12/6 and 12/11. LSDAS packet sent immediately upon request.

My schools...

Stanford - Applied (finally complete 1/25)
Boalt - Accepted
NYU - Accepted
Columbia - Complete
U of Michigan - Accepted
U of Chicago - Complete
Northwestern - Complete
Georgetown - Accepted
Fordham - Complete
UC Hastings - Complete
George Washington - Accepted
U of San Francisco - Accepted with $25,000/yr Dean's scholarship
Last edited by babs22pa on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.

babs22pa

New

Re: Sitting, Waiting, Wishing...

Post by babs22pa » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:58 pm

I can't stop thinking about Jean-Paul Sartre. I spent six months of my life dissecting one chapter of Being and Nothingness and wrote a 50 page thesis, and every day it occurs to me that I didn't really understand what he was saying at all.

How differently the world looks when our goals change. A year ago law school was confining, something to be feared... a back-up. Today it consumes and defines everything. It excites me; it inspires me. How did all this change?

babs22pa

New

Post by babs22pa » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:06 pm

Why does the Fordham status check website have such an... umm... unfortunate-looking girl on it? Are they trying to encourage women to apply by making us think we'll be super hot if we go there? Creepy.

The My Columbia website is just dumb.

Will my Georgetown Status Checker ever turn decision? And why do they need to give us such confusing/ridiculously long usernames and passwords that require me to copy and paste from my email every single time?

Where did the UC Hastings status checker go?

Why doesn't anyone at work ask me if I got any acceptances anymore? They did it over and over again before I heard anything, and now I get into Boalt and no one asks me. Is it really bad to be like, "guess what! I got into Boalt!" ???

Can I use my $200 flight discount from Boalt to go to Vegas? Or could I fly to Vegas and then be like- I'll be in Vegas, I need a flight to Berkeley for the ASW? Is this really stupid?

Did it take anyone else an embarassingly long time to understand what "ASW" means?

What is the point of putting "you are an outstanding candidate" on a GENERIC acceptance email? Wow, thanks, so glad you think everyone you accept is outstanding. Ehhh...

I have this irrational hatred toward everyone who gets on my train at the Stanford/Palo Alto stop. Does this make me a bad person?

What exactly am I supposed to do with this blog?

babs22pa

New

Post by babs22pa » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:38 pm

I've been reading Scott Turow's "One L" and am finding it fascinating. I am assuming it's a bit out of date (written in 1977) but at least it gives me some idea of what law school will be like. Let me tell you though, if this is what 1L is like, save me!!!

Talked to a friend about law school. Evidently a friend of his graduated from Boalt some years ago. She was so smart they gave her a full ride. Now she's working for the tobacco industry. How could anyone sell their soul like that?

Thanks to the good samaritan who let me know I can change my Gtown username and password. Saves me so much time!

babs22pa

New

Post by babs22pa » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:48 pm

In at NYU in the last few days. Could I really live in New York? How would I ever find/afford a place to live?

Emailed Stanford today to ask if I was complete. My dean never sent his form! I am beyond pissed.
Last edited by babs22pa on Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babs22pa

New

Post by babs22pa » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:50 am

I'm not excited about starting these financial aid forms... someone explain why my parents' situation matters since I am not getting any money from them? Until you are 30 is ridiculous.

In at Georgetown and Michigan. Could I get a packet from Columbia too, please?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “TLS Web Logs (Blogs)”