WUSTL ($$$$) v. NDLS ($$$$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
forumposter153

New

WUSTL ($$$$) v. NDLS ($$$$)

Post by forumposter153 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:27 pm

My two best options right now seem to be WashU in St. Louis and Notre Dame. I’ve received full-tuition scholarships at both and the cost of attendance would likely be similar. My goals are a federal clerkship and big law with no strong geographic preference. What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks!

LAWKID305

New

Re: WUSTL ($$$$) v. NDLS ($$$$)

Post by LAWKID305 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:56 pm

I'm actually in the same exact position, but i have a third school into the fold in Umich who has offered me a dean's scholarship that would still see me take out a small amount of loans to cover the rest of tuition and living expenses. I don't know if the rankings matter enough to choose Umich over WashU or NDLS full ride plus stipend offers. My goal is also big law.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:14 pm

UMich is definitely worth it over WUSTL and NDLS if we are talking a small amount of loans. If it is $150k then no.

WUSTL and NDLS are similar rankings wise but very different culturally. If you are conservative and catholic, NDLS is the no brainer between the two. If not, I'd go to WUSTL

crazywafflez

Silver

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:54 pm

I agree with Trebek's take. NDLS and WashU are peers but with different cultures- go to the one you like better. Mich for cheap beats them both. If this were Mich at sticker vs. fullride and stipend to WashU, I'd probs pick WashU, but it sounds like a small loan will cover the cost difference, so I'd go to Mich.

laanngo

Bronze

Post by laanngo » Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:06 pm

If you consider "ability to repay loans" based on "average early alum earnings", NDLS is one of the best of the bad law schools, and Wash U is one of the worst of the good law schools.

Access

New

Post by Access » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:07 pm

Full scholarship at either school is an excellent option BUT please be aware that you're more likely not to achieve your biglaw+ FC outcome.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”