Temple vs Villanova vs Cardozo Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
harvardreject

New

Temple vs Villanova vs Cardozo

Post by harvardreject » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:26 pm

Bump - am considering between 2 of these myself so would be helpful to hear more thoughts.

cavalier1138

Re: Temple vs Villanova vs Cardozo

Post by cavalier1138 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:07 am

harvardreject wrote:Bump - am considering between 2 of these myself so would be helpful to hear more thoughts.
More thoughts for the OP won't be particularly helpful for you unless you have identical stats, career goals, and costs of attendance. It might make more sense for you to start your own thread asking for advice specific to your situation.

harvardreject

New

Post by harvardreject » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:33 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
harvardreject wrote:Bump - am considering between 2 of these myself so would be helpful to hear more thoughts.
More thoughts for the OP won't be particularly helpful for you unless you have identical stats, career goals, and costs of attendance. It might make more sense for you to start your own thread asking for advice specific to your situation.
Thanks Cavalier, understood.

My COA is very similar / negligable and I am accepted at both schools.

Mostly curious about BigLaw placement (% of students who want to go, % of students given offers) as well as culture. I have looked at the ABA reports, but would like some anecdotal evidence too.

I think like OP, I am fairly indifferent between working in NYC / Philly after graduation. Just want to hear as many opinions as possible. Thank you!

trebekismyhero

Silver

Post by trebekismyhero » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:45 pm

harvardreject wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Mostly curious about BigLaw placement (% of students who want to go, % of students given offers) as well as culture. I have looked at the ABA reports, but would like some anecdotal evidence too.

I think like OP, I am fairly indifferent between working in NYC / Philly after graduation. Just want to hear as many opinions as possible. Thank you!
Is your goal big law? if it is, then the answer is none of them. In a good economy with any of these schools you have at best a 15% chance of BL. If the economy doesn't recover by the time you have OCI, you will need to be at the very top of the class to get BL.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:07 pm

harvardreject wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Current big law placement is worthless. You need to estimate post-covid 19 placement.

These schools got hit harder than any other insofar as big law placement is concerned. For them to dip deeply into Cardozo and Temple classes, you need students with a certain class rank at the top 14’s to reject them for other firms. The smaller the classes get and the less selective top 14 students are, the fewer slots go to these schools. Now is probably the worst time to be going through OCI in history. You’re betting this will turn around next year. Sitting out a year wouldn’t be an awful idea if you had t-14 numbers. This is a big investment. You have to factor the market into it, and timing the market is important to making the right investment.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”