T1 law schools vs T2 Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Joe54

New

T1 law schools vs T2

Post by Joe54 » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:22 pm

Hi,

Basically I have scores to get into T1 schools (T30), and have a chance at getting scholarship also.
However I received great scholarship offers from T2 schools (Cardozo etc.) coming close to full tuition. Assuming I don’t get as good of an offer from the T1 schools what are your guys thoughts on my prospects? Thanks in advance.

cavalier1138

Re: T1 law schools vs T2

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:23 am

You need to be waaaayyyy more specific.

Which schools are you considering? What are your career goals? What would your total cost of attendance be? What are your current stats?

Joe54

New

Post by Joe54 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:10 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:You need to be waaaayyyy more specific.

Which schools are you considering? What are your career goals? What would your total cost of attendance be? What are your current stats?
Ok so Cardozo is about 45k COA and I didn’t get answers from T30s but I’m at/above both 75ths, I’m not asking for a final answer I, just deposit deadlines are looming and I really want to weigh my options before I make a decision,
Goals are BL/ midlaw and eventually In house, For context T30 schools are Fordham and BC

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Joe54 wrote:

Ok so Cardozo is about 45k COA and I didn’t get answers from T30s but I’m at/above both 75ths, I’m not asking for a final answer I, just deposit deadlines are looming and I really want to weigh my options before I make a decision,
Goals are BL/ midlaw and eventually In house, For context T30 schools are Fordham and BC
Cardozo shouldn't be an option if you're targeting biglaw. If you get a decent offer from Fordham, that's right right choice. But the real right choice is to get your LSAT into T13 territory. What are your current numbers?

Joe54

New

Post by Joe54 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:34 am

cavalier1138 wrote:
Joe54 wrote:

Cardozo shouldn't be an option if you're targeting biglaw. If you get a decent offer from Fordham, that's right right choice. But the real right choice is to get your LSAT into T13 territory. What are your current numbers?
165 4.0 but I don’t know at this point if have the time to retake. Obviously T13 is ideal but I missed on that one so...

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:49 am

Joe54 wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Joe54 wrote:

165 4.0 but I don’t know at this point if have the time to retake. Obviously T13 is ideal but I missed on that one so...
You have time to retake. Sit out a cycle, get some work experience, retake the LSAT, and put that 4.0 GPA to good use. If you can boost that thing a few points, you'll have a lot better outcomes. You can do much better than Cardozo, my friend.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”