Will my law school close...now a factor applicants must think about Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jdcumlaude

New

Will my law school close...now a factor applicants must think about

Post by jdcumlaude » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:51 am

https://abovethelaw.com/2019/03/prospec ... -graduate/

Good analysis of issues facing law students applying at lower tier schools. RNP schools are a cancer (some exceptions for HBCs...maybe).

Personally, I think any school that is outside the top 100 (using some uniform metric) should be placed under regulatory scrutiny, or have limits to their ability to access fed loans, but that is just me....I know some on this forum would apply that to any school outside the T14

QContinuum

Re: Will my law school close...now a factor applicants must think about

Post by QContinuum » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:52 pm

• In recorded history, TLS has always advised strongly and consistently against attending unranked law schools. This is true even if they're solvent and not likely to close up shop.
  • TLS has also generally advised against attending T3/T4s, with very limited exceptions.
  • TLS has been very willing to advise folks to attend T1/T2 schools depending on the specific schools under consideration, the price tag, and the goals of the 0L in question. There's a lot of hay that gets made about TLS being "T14 or bust" but personally I don't see it. "T14 or bust" is, at most, a fringe view that finds very little mainstream support on here.
  • Of course, "T14 or bust" may very well be the right advice for specific 0Ls based on the goals they've articulated. But that's not because TLS thinks no non-T14 is worth attending; rather, that's because those 0Ls have goals that require them to be "T14 or bust."

Return to “Choosing a Law School”