Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cron1834

Gold

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by cron1834 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:53 pm

Nothing surprises me re: this place.

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:58 pm

I wonder if you win the scholarship, can you just opt for the headphones instead?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:06 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:I wonder if you win the scholarship, can you just opt for the headphones instead?
They're obviously more valuable.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:10 pm

I cannot believe the ABA allows this profession to continually embarrass itself by allowing places like this to open up shop.

No practicing lawyers approve of this stuff from Biglaw partners on down. It really makes you wonder who's in charge and why this is allowed to happen. Lawyers have an image problem as it is. We don't need televangelist-level schools like Indy Tech (run by people like adpc) making things even worse.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:11 pm

No need to wonder. Law deans are in charge, and it's disproportionately law deans from terrible schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:15 pm

JCougar wrote:I cannot believe the ABA allows this profession to continually embarrass itself by allowing places like this to open up shop.

No practicing lawyers approve of this stuff from Biglaw partners on down. It really makes you wonder who's in charge and why this is allowed to happen. Lawyers have an image problem as it is. We don't need televangelist-level schools like Indy Tech (run by people like adpc) making things even worse.
in all fairness, this place is not accredited

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:35 pm

Hand wrote:
JCougar wrote:I cannot believe the ABA allows this profession to continually embarrass itself by allowing places like this to open up shop.

Oh, it will be when the time comes. It will be. Trust me, these people are running a 3-year, $90,000 bar review course at this point. Their medians are even better than a number of schools that are still accredited. They'll get just enough people to pass the bar under the loose standards that exist today, and from thereon out, it's difficult to lose accredition. Like three new schools were accredited in the last two years despite all the problems.

bearsfan23

Gold

Post by bearsfan23 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:45 pm

JCougar wrote:
Hand wrote:

Oh, it will be when the time comes. It will be. Trust me, these people are running a 3-year, $90,000 bar review course at this point. Their medians are even better than a number of schools that are still accredited. They'll get just enough people to pass the bar under the loose standards that exist today, and from thereon out, it's difficult to lose accredition. Like three new schools were accredited in the last two years despite all the problems.
You've provided zero evidence that this school will ever be ABA accredited, and it seems like a foregone conclusion this place will end up being shut down soon - its just losing too much money for the school.

Try not to let your complete hate for the legal profession ruin every thread

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Better medians aren't hard to get when you only enroll 30 people.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:20 pm

I think I missed it: Where has it been reported that this school won't get its accreditation?

North

Gold

Post by North » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:32 pm

bearsfan23 wrote:You've provided zero evidence that this school will ever be ABA accredited, and it seems like a foregone conclusion this place will end up being shut down soon - its just losing too much money for the school.

Try not to let your complete hate for the legal profession ruin every thread
Can you explain what you think there is to love about the legal profession

Also please provide evidence that the school won't be accredited, right now I'm seeing zero

Also how is Cougs ruining threads with his complete hate. Can you please link to the other threads he ruined

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:Better medians aren't hard to get when you only enroll 30 people.
True, but class size doesn't matter for ABA accreditation. It's the pass rate that matters, and smaller class size may actually make it easier because you can give each student more individualized attention.

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:37 pm

bearsfan23 wrote: and it seems like a foregone conclusion this place will end up being shut down soon - its just losing too much money for the school.
If it shuts down because it's losing too much money, than it won't be the ABA that's shutting it down. It will be the scambloggers that you live to hate who are making prospective students more aware of the risk you take on by going to law school.

So enough with your non sequiturs.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:42 pm

Also, I don't hate everything about the legal profession. If I did, I'd have chosen a different path by now. I don't really hate anything...but I do strongly disapprove of the way legal education is being handled. If I have any problems with the profession itself, it's pretty much limited to problems that arise as a result of the poor fashion in which legal education is managed. The profession itself is fine. It's filled with a mix of smart, interesting people and sociopaths like anywhere else...except the smart people are a bit smarter and the sociopaths a bit more anti-social.

Paul Campos

Silver

Post by Paul Campos » Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 am

FYI:

http://www.news-sentinel.com/article/2015150439984

I hadn't realized that andre douglas pond cummings goes by "dre" in less formal settings.

cron1834

Gold

Post by cron1834 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:46 am

^shocking, all around.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am

The school has room for 350 students and expected about 100 in its first class, but enrolled only 28. Since then, however, enrollment has more than doubled to 59.
i can't believe dean cumming managed to pass this off to the reporter
it doubled because this is their second year in business, not because the school is attracting more students
they had almost the same enrollment this year as last

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Flokkness

Bronze

Post by Flokkness » Fri May 01, 2015 12:48 pm

This thread cured my boredom.

Really, just stunning.

Edit: This thread and Nando's TTT blog are (still) first-page results when you Google the school. Such a huge public service.
Last edited by Flokkness on Fri May 01, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Fri May 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Paul Campos wrote:FYI:

I hadn't realized that andre douglas pond cummings goes by "dre" in less formal settings.
The capitalization logic here was fun:
interim Dean dre cummings

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Fri May 01, 2015 1:34 pm

Brut wrote:
The school has room for 350 students and expected about 100 in its first class, but enrolled only 28. Since then, however, enrollment has more than doubled to 59.
it doubled because this is their second year in business, not because the school is attracting more students
Unbelievable

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri May 01, 2015 1:56 pm

Brut wrote:
cron1834 wrote:Nothing surprises me re: this place.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

I'm curious to know if being rejected on the first go-round for accreditation is really as common as Indy Tech wants us to believe.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri May 01, 2015 2:09 pm

"we feel we are moving in a positive direction," said Matt Bair, Indiana Tech director of marketing and communications

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Fri May 01, 2015 2:20 pm

Paul Campos wrote:FYI:

Yeah and he does that hip hop stuff

Yukos

Gold

Post by Yukos » Fri May 01, 2015 2:44 pm

By the time ITLS is accredited, bar passage rate won't considered for ABA accreditation because it isn't a fair measurement--according to schools with atrocious bar passage rates. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/20/busin ... -fire.html

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”