tOSU $ vs. Villanova/Temple Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
bryanl87

New

tOSU $ vs. Villanova/Temple

Post by bryanl87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:44 pm

It's a bit funny how I received scholarship from a Tier 1 school but neither from nova/temple... I'm from VA so neither will be in-state, but tOSU will let me pay in-state tuition beginning my 2L.

Is this a no brainer unless I thoroughly despise living in Ohio and I want to spend rest of my life in Philly?

How's Philly vs. Ohio?

starstruck393

Silver

Re: tOSU $ vs. Villanova/Temple

Post by starstruck393 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Use the offer to leverage money from Temple/Nova...

jack duluoz

Bronze

Post by jack duluoz » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:54 pm

If u dont have a significant scholly from nova, then this should really be osu vs. temple. I wouldnt get too caught up in the fact osu is "tier 1" and temple is tier 2" either. It is relatively insignificant that far up the rankings. I would say the determining factor should be where u want to live.

bryanl87

New

Post by bryanl87 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:00 pm

jack duluoz wrote:If u dont have a significant scholly from nova, then this should really be osu vs. temple. I wouldnt get too caught up in the fact osu is "tier 1" and temple is tier 2" either. It is relatively insignificant that far up the rankings. I would say the determining factor should be where u want to live.
thanks for everyone's quick responses!

I was just wondering about each school's reputation... I know that tOSU is at least known throughout Ohio and nationally recognized thanks to their football and what not, but Temple seems to be very concentrated in the Philly market. I understand that where I want to live is the biggest factor for most law schools, but that changes often and I don't want to be stuck in one place when I realize I want to move to another location. Philly's nice and it sure seem like a fun place to live, but I don't know if I want to be stuck in Philly forever.

Cestjustemoi

Bronze

Post by Cestjustemoi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Ohio seems like a miserable little state. Then again temple is in a bad neighborhood. I won't even touch on villanova, if your Russian that's the area for you. That being said in good humor do whatever will be cheapest, if I was you faced with these I'd probably choose OSU for the sheer fact that's a very well known school, and they gave you money.

Rawlsian

Bronze

Post by Rawlsian » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:07 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”