ADVICE Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Lsat101

New

ADVICE

Post by Lsat101 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:15 pm

3.3/160
First off, If I get into FSU, thats where I am going to go. However, I probably won't hear back from them until after seat deposits are due elsewhere. That being said which of the following saftey schools would you send your seat depsoit too? I want to practice in Florida but really dont want to go to Miami (applied on fee waiver).

South Carolina
Ole Miss
University of Miami
Mercer
Charlotte (20k)
Stetson (*I havent heard back but I expect to be accepted)

thickfreakness

Silver

Re: ADVICE

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Uhh, Miami or Stetson. If FSU is your target I'd go FSU>Miami>>>>Stetson

amputatedbrain

Bronze

Post by amputatedbrain » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:38 pm

I'll be honest, I don't really know anything about any of those schools. But the conventional wisdom is that at that level of institution, location is everything, so I would give priority to Florida schools in your case, unless those other schools you mentioned have some great placement in Florida I'm not aware of.

darknightbegins

Silver

Post by darknightbegins » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:56 am

Fuck I guess Stetson if you loathe Miami that much. Not sure how Ole Miss and the other Southern schools help you in Florida. Hmm... well culturally maybe a school like Ole Miss might help if you want to practice in North Florida as North Florida tends to be more Southern in its culture. I have no idea if this translates to anything but I do know North Florida is more culturally Southern than South Florida and Miami especially.

Shoot me a line when you hear about FSU, I am currently on hold at that place. Although if I have to pay out of state tuition for 3 years to go there I'd mine as well go to Miami.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”