Is it normal for LG score to drop? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
oliveminna

New

Is it normal for LG score to drop?

Post by oliveminna » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:06 pm

So after taking some practice tests, I started studying - starting with the logic games section. Now it seems like the more I know - the worse I am doing! I'm much slower. Is this a normal event? Will it improve? I'm kind of stressing out now. :shock:

SilverE2

Silver

Re: Is it normal for LG score to drop?

Post by SilverE2 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:15 pm

oliveminna wrote:So after taking some practice tests, I started studying - starting with the logic games section. Now it seems like the more I know - the worse I am doing! I'm much slower. Is this a normal event? Will it improve? I'm kind of stressing out now. :shock:
Is this information going to help you choose a law school?

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:28 pm

It's possible you could be wasting time trying to diagram things using a system you haven't mastered yet.

Work on games from older tests first. Time how long it takes you, but don't rush. Take as long as you need to finish each game. Do each game multiple times (spacing out each attempt over a few days, of course). Slowly, you will become able to do the games faster. Then start worrying about timed PTs.

kazu

Gold

Post by kazu » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:13 am

Yep... when you're trying to implement new diagramming methods it may take a while getting used to. +1 to cubswin advice.

This should be moved - it's in the wrong forum.

goingoingone

New

Post by goingoingone » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:07 am

Yeah, this is normal. It means that you're probably thinking a lot more about the games and the questions, and hopefully thinking about them in the right way. As you continue to practice you should be able to think about the games in the right way, but faster. The same thing happened to me.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”