gw vs ut Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
imisscollege

Bronze

gw vs ut

Post by imisscollege » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:57 pm

assuming I don't get money from either one and don't think i necessarily want to practice in texas or dc, is ut the obvious choice?

private vs public sector

east coast (boston/ny) vs west coast

holydonkey

Silver

Re: gw vs ut

Post by holydonkey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:02 pm

imisscollege wrote:assuming I don't get money from either one and don't think i necessarily want to practice in texas or dc, is ut the obvious choice?

private vs public sector

yes

JordynAsh

Bronze

Post by JordynAsh » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:06 pm

Why don't you make a UT vs. WUSTL vs. GW vs. whatever other schools you are considering thread? Probably will get you a faster final response than the multi-thread playoff I see developing.

FWIW ITT, Texas.
Last edited by JordynAsh on Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

holydonkey wrote:
imisscollege wrote:assuming I don't get money from either one and don't think i necessarily want to practice in texas or dc, is ut the obvious choice?

private vs public sector

yes
I'd say yes. UT is a significantly better school, barely if at all below GULC, Cornell, and NU. It places decently well in CA, NY, and DC, and has the security of being the top school in its market. GW will do you better for DC and vicinity, but it will have you competing against a lot of higher ranked schools.

Also, even with out-of-state tuition, UT sticker will be cheaper than GW at sticker (cost of living is much cheaper in Austin than in DC). I think UT wins hands down here, unless GW forks over some $.

missvik218

Silver

Post by missvik218 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:07 pm

JordynAsh wrote:Why don't you make a UT vs. WUSTL vs. GW vs. whatever other schools you are considering? Probably will get you a faster final response than the multi-thread playoff I sense coming.

FWIW ITT, Texas.
:lol: Yes, OP - why don't you give your current options and considerations consolidated into one thread!?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:33 pm

missvik218 wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:Why don't you make a UT vs. WUSTL vs. GW vs. whatever other schools you are considering? Probably will get you a faster final response than the multi-thread playoff I sense coming.

FWIW ITT, Texas.
:lol: Yes, OP - why don't you give your current options and considerations consolidated into one thread!?
haha i got into Wash U via e-mail and got excited and then a few minutes later I remembered that I also got into gw via snail mail pretty recently so I decided to ask about that too.

currently looking like UT is the top choice now unless BC decides to give me some money or in case ties keep me in Boston. Really hoping for UCLA though and retaking the lsat in feb to try to get off the WL's at UVA, Gtown, and into NYU (currently held from ED)

maybe i'll start a big one when i have more info

chadwick218

Silver

Post by chadwick218 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:35 pm

Unless you are dead set on working in the Northeast, UT is your best bet. With respect to Boston / NY, I suspect that UT will place equally well. GW grads are a dime a dozen in the region.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”